Secretary to Principal - High School
Position is 239 days, part of the clerical bargaining unit and based at the High School. Salary and benefits pursuant to the Master Agreement. The position offers benefits and time off and paid holidays, etc.
The Secondary Principal’s Secretary provides secretarial/administrative support to the High School Principal and other school staff in a manner that will ensure the efficient operation of the school.
High School education and 2+ years related administrative support experience, preferably in an educational or Community Education setting. Prior experience supporting administrative positions and staff in an office environment preferred
- Performs general accounting for all High School financials including preparing reports associated with the building budget
- Process invoices, purchase orders and receives and codes deposits and revenues with a high level of accuracy
- Assists building administration with various personnel activities, i.e., securing internal and external substitutes as requested for staff absences/leaves and troubleshoots issues as they arise
- Processes staff forms such as time sheets, check requests and maintenance reports. Maintains, records and distributes building keys to staff
- Prepares and distributes the weekly school electronic eNews newsletter. Ensures accuracy and timeliness of information to all stakeholders by working in collaboration with students, staff, and the communications department
- Assists the principal with scheduling staff observations, creating forms and preparing reports as necessary
- Assists the principal in completing tasks associated with graduation activities or commencement and the schools’ Celebration of Excellence event
- Performs general office or clerical tasks such as greeting visitors, screening phone calls, answering emails and other duties. Assist building staff with questions and/or concerns and works effectively to resolve issues
- Possess strong technical skills in Microsoft Office, Google Suite applications and Web based platforms
- Prior experience with basic accounting principles and high level accuracy in dealing with financial transactions
- Prior experience supporting administration through scheduling, preparation of reports and effective communications
- Prior experience with preparing newsletters or other communication tools preferred
- Experience handling multiple work tasks with accuracy, consistency and confidentiality
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to make decisions using sound judgement
- Strong attention to detail, ability to work with daily interruptions and prioritizes work effectively
- Ability to communicate effectively with all district staff, parents, students and school visitors
- Excels at providing excellent customer service, goes above and beyond to resolve customer issues and provide overall client satisfaction
- Maintains a positive attitude and the desire to work collaboratively with others
Mahtomedi Public Schools will not discriminated against individuals based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, parental status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age or sexual orientation.