Job | Posted 5 days ago
TITLE: CAMPUS MONITOR
WORK SCHEDULE: 10-month
SALARY CLASSIFICATION: Support Salary Scale, Grade A
To play an integral role in providing a safe and secure environment for students and staff and to assist with the smooth operation of an office
- Monitors students in the cafeteria during meals, maintaining a safe and controlled environment;
- Monitors students on the campus during recess and/or break periods and in the hallways during class change periods, maintaining a safe and controlled environment;
- Monitors students awaiting school bus transportation, maintaining a safe and controlled environment;
- Assists in monitoring campus foot traffic to ensure that visitors have valid purposes for being on the school campus;
- Censors usage and unacceptable activities in accordance with the rules and standards established by the school’s faculty through discussions with the students involved and, if necessary, refers students to appropriate certificated personnel;
- Assists in facilitating appropriate campus activities;
- Assists students injured during campus activities by immediate notification to supervisory certificated personnel;
- Assists with clerical duties, as requested, including, but not limited to, copying, filing, preparing and distributing routine correspondence;
- Exhibits patience, courtesy and tact when dealing with others;
- Performs related duties as required.
A. EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- Basic knowledge of safety practices and first aid;
- Basic knowledge of routine office functions and equipment.
- Experience working with groups of students;
- Experience with conflict resolution techniques.
- Ability to perform duties requiring extensive walking and standing
A. TIME MANAGEMENT: Routine work with little planning needed;
B. STRESS MANAGEMENT: Minimal stress involved with work;
C. PUBLIC CONTACT: Works closely with staff and students;
D. LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY: Must use sound judgment in performing work.
EVALUATION PROCEDURE: In accordance with provisions specified in Governing Board policy.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to school administration
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Apply online. To view similar jobs and for more information on our District, please go to: www.susd30.us
Sahuarita Unified School District
350 W Sahuarita Rd, Sahuarita, AZ 85629
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $8,651 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 6%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 23.13
% IEP Students
State Average: 12%
State Average: 143