MINIMUM HOURLY RATE: $14.96
STANDARD HOURS PER WEEK: 36.5
MONTHS PER YEAR: 9
JOB CODE: 1254
POSITION TYPE: REPLACEMENT - PERMANENT/REGULAR
SUMMARY: Provide health care to students who require basic first aid, administer medication, and perform medical procedures and tasks as delegated by a District R.N. and as requested by a health care provider and parent. Evaluate ill or injured students and notify parents as needed. Provide care in emergency situations and call parents or emergency personnel when necessary. Record health concerns, immunizations, daily health office visits in the district’s computerized student information system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Provide basic first aid, daily medications, monitor illness and injury and notify parents of concerns. Contact 911 in emergency situations. Administer medication and perform procedures as delegated by the District RN. These medical procedures may include, but are not limited to: bladder catheterization, gastric tube feeding, nebulizer treatments, insulin injections, Epi-pen injections, rectal Diastat medication, Glucagon injection and toileting. Provide comprehensive care of students with diabetes according to the health care plan.
2. Record daily health office visits, medications administered and health concerns in the district’s computerized student information system and medication log book. Maintain student health files, purge health files appropriately, and record and file yearly student health updates. Complete and process all accident and head injury reports, track student concussions and send out concussion/head injury notification as instructed by the District RN.
3. Gather and provide student health information to the District RN following the guidelines as required by the state on all special education students Individual Education Plans (IEP’s). Provide staff with yearly and as needed updated health concerns list, communicate with the District RN, parents, and school personnel regarding student health related concerns.
4. Maintain CPR and First Aid certifications. Attend yearly trainings/reviews including diabetes review, medication administration, Diastat/seizure training, and Epi-pen training. Duties also include attending scheduled Health Services meetings.
5. Maintain immunization records per state immunization requirements, send out immunization warning and exclusion letters as needed, contact parents as needed, monitor immunizations in process, and use the state immunization data base for state compliance.
6. Organize and complete mass vision and hearing screenings on students as required by the state, and complete all vision and hearing rescreens including new students to the district, students with IEPs and students referred by staff. Enter in all screening results into computerized information system, send out vision and hearing referrals and complete follow-ups on referral tracking form, and communicate with the district RN and student outreach program for appropriate resources.
7. Perform other job-related duties as assigned including cleaning health office, maintaining equipment, ordering supplies, compiling and preparing reports, communicating with administration regarding attendance issues, and attending field trips for children with medical concerns as assigned and delegated by District RN.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience in healthcare, working with school-age children, or a combination thereof.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
• Criminal background check required for hire
• CPR and First Aid certifications required within 30 days after entering position
• District RN Medication and Procedure Delegation and Health Aide training required before start of duties in a school health office
Salary placement on our Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade for the position being posted and employees’ previous work experience. “Grade” refers to position or job classification and “Step” refers to number of work experience credit or service years. Initial placement will be at the Grade for the position step 1. All Newly hired classified employees are placed initially on Step 1 of the pay grade for their position. Classified employees can advance an additional 5 steps (maximum Step 6) based on their previous experience. See our Classified Salary Schedule.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools is committed to providing an environment that promotes a healthy employee population able to serve our students at the highest level. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as other programs for benefit eligible employees. The employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance through PERA, and 401(k), 403(b) & 457(b) plans are available to all employees regardless of hours worked and are available immediately (upon hire date).
To learn more about our benefits, please see our Benefits Overview.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.