Posted 6 days ago
Position: Math Teacher
Location: Milford High School
Reports To: Principal
Starting Date: August 18, 2020
- Hold or be eligible for a valid Delaware Secondary Mathematics Teacher Standard Certificate in accordance with 14 Del. C. § 1542.
- Be able to perform essential job functions.
- Develop and maintain a classroom environment conducive to effective learning within the limits of the resources provided by the district.
- Prepare for classes assigned and show written evidence of preparation upon request of the principal.
- Encourage students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Strive to implement by instruction and action the district's philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Evaluate student progress on a regular basis.
- Maintain accurate, complete and correct records as required by law, district policies and administrative regulations.
- Assist in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations and Board policies.
- Make provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings.
- Cooperate with other members of the staff in planning instructional goals, objectives and methods.
- Assist in the curriculum development, selection of books, equipment and other instructional materials.
- Work to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents concerning both the broad academic and behavioral progress of all assigned students.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relations with others.
- Provide for his or her own professional growth through an ongoing program of reading, workshops, seminars, conferences and/or advanced course work at institutions of higher learning.
- Participate as a member in the Professional Learning Community.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary and Benefits: Salary range and benefits are commensurate with qualifications and experience in accordance with Board of Education Policy.
Evaluation: Performance will be evaluated annually in accordance with the Board’s policy on evaluation of professional personnel.
Internal applicants must complete a shortened online application by clicking on “Employment” at the top of the website: www.milfordschooldistrict.org. Internal applicants are encouraged to upload current letters of recommendation and resume.
External applicants must follow the application process. All qualified and interested persons are invited to complete the online application by clicking on “Employment” at the top of the website: www.milfordschooldistrict.org. Only completed application packets will be considered. The following items must be included:
- Copy of unofficial transcripts
- Three separate letters of recommendation
Application Deadline: Open until filled
For more information contact: Jason Peel, Director of Human Resources and School Climate, 906 Lakeview Avenue, Milford, DE 19963 Tel: 302-424-6393 or Email: email@example.com
Employment with the Milford School District is contingent upon successful:
- Criminal Background Check
- Child Protection Registry Check
- Physician’s Health Certification
- TB Test (within last five years)
- Verification of Credentials and Past Employment
- Adherence to School District Policies
- Milford Board of Education Approval
Milford School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment or in educational programs, services or activities on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), national origin, citizenship or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or upon any other categories protected by federal, state, or local law.
If any person has a complaint alleging any action which is prohibited by this policy, they should contact the Title IX Coordinator or the District 504 and ADA Coordinator, 906 Lakeview Avenue, Milford, Delaware 19963. Telephone (302) 422-1600.