Middle School Athletic Director/Physical Education/Health Teacher
Job | Posted 14 days ago
Description: Middle School Athletic Director/Physical Education and/or Health Teacher in a 650 student middle school.
Applicant must be willing to:
- Lead, manage and supervise student activities and athletic programs including hiring and overseeing sponsors and coaches, lining up officials, ordering equipment, and scheduling facilities for games and practices
- Work cooperatively with staff to plan and provide a variety of activities for middle school students.
- Accommodate students with a variety of skills, abilities, and challenges.
- Maximize time on task by ensuring that all classroom lessons and activities are directly tied to standards.
- Maintain a classroom environment conducive to student growth
- Design and implement targeted daily whole group and/or small group lesson plans, as well as assessments that measure progress towards academic standards.
- Demonstrate good written and oral communication skills.
- Communicate effectively with parents.
- Contribute to and support curriculum development and school improvement initiatives.
- Cooperate with teachers of all departments to support a collaborative school culture.
Appropriate certification including Middle School endorsement and evidence of successful work with middle school age students.Growth mindset to see failures and setbacks as challenges to learn from and overcome. Evidence of self-motivation and willingness to be a team player.
Apply online - please upload a letter of interest, resume, 3 letters of professional recommendation, transcripts and Illinois Teacher license information with your online application.
Highland Community Unit School District 5
400 Broadway, Highland, IL 62249-2024
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,341 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 10%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.71
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 246