Teacher on Special Assignment (TOSA) - High School Instructional Facilitator
Teacher On Special Assignment (TOSA) - High School Instructional Facilitator
If you are a current Bethel School District employee, you must complete an INTERNAL application. All other applicants, including current substitutes, must complete the standard application.
- Assist high school teachers and professional learning communities in the implementation of scientifically research-based instructional strategies.
- Apply strategies of adult learning across teacher leadership activities for teacher professional learning.
- Provide demonstration lessons in curriculum and teaching techniques for classroom teachers and others.
- Collaborate with the Curriculum Director in continued alignment of the CCSS with district curriculum and assessments.
- Assist teachers and schools in using assessment data to inform instruction and school improvement plans.
- Support data driven instructional decision-making.
- Build learning, collegial relationships with individual staff members.
- Attend planning meetings with other TOSAs and the district Teaching and Learning department.
- Effectively manage projects and time with clear outcome and results.
This position receives a $4,000 stipend for functions related to those above that extend beyond the regular workday/work year. A non-exhaustive list of those activities includes content leader meetings, induction meetings, Springboard training, LIT trainings, curriculum adoption/selection meetings, and other special projects. These activities are subject to change and not all meetings/trainings/other activities are attended by all TOSAs.
Valid and appropriate certification. 5+ years of successful teaching experience. Experience on state and/or district instructional committees. Experience in leadership activities. Ability to articulate ideas and communicate well with others. Ability to organize ideas, coordinate multiple tasks and materials to accomplish goals. Ability to organize time and commit to a flexible work schedule. Experience collaborating with teachers and administration around instructional practices. Demonstrated strong instructional skills.
Education and Experience
Masters Degree and/or National Board Certification preferred. Extensive background in instructional strategies, classroom management strategies, assessment, and deep knowledge of state standards.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Deep understanding of Washington State Standards. Presentation and facilitiation skills for small and large group learning opportunities. Skill in working with the adult learner and leadership experiences.
High School Principal
Bethel Education Association
This posting is for the 2020-21 school year.