Head Boys Basketball Coach/Teacher
Receives Guidance From:
Principal or Lead Teacher
Overtime Status: Exempt
- To help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able and responsible men and women. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Meet and instruct assigned classes at the assigned school and at times designated by Principal
Plan a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of the students
Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students
Prepare for classes assigned and show written evidence of preparation upon request of Principal
Encourage students to set and maintain high standards of classroom behavior
Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and, in harmony with the goals, establish clear objectives for all lessons, units and projects to communicate these objectives to students
Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved
Strive to implement by instruction and action the districts philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives
Assess the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as assigned
Identify and report possibility of learning disabilities of students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required
Take necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities
Maintain accurate, complete and correct records as required by law, district policy and administrative regulation
Assist the administration in implementing policies and rules governing student life and conduct, and, for the classroom, develop reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintain order in the classroom in a fair and just manner
Make provision for being available to students and parents for education related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms
Plan and supervise purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s) and, cooperatively with department heads, evaluate the job performance
Strive to maintain and improve professional competence by participation in training sessions and classes
Attend staff meetings and serve on staff committees
Regular attendance and punctuality are vital attributes for all employees.
Other duties as assigned
Maintains and accepts responsibility for any district owned fixed asset item assigned to employee and ensures appropriate use by following district policies for acceptable use
Undergoes periodic evaluations according to state and board policy procedures.
Regular, dependable attendance is an essential function of this position.
Performs such other and not specifically enumerated duties as may be requested by the Board of Education, superintendent, administrator, director or established by district policy.
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree in Education
Certification: Holds an appropriate Mississippi Teaching Credential or valid emergency certification issued by the state of Mississippi Educational Board.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands for fine manipulation, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms using a keyboard and video display terminal. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 35 pounds and occasionally up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is not a standard office setting; but rather encompasses the entire active school campus both inside and outside the facilities. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate and occasionally high.
Note: This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with the job. The job description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. The school district may add to, modify or delete any aspect of this job (or the position itself) at any time as it deems advisable.
Terms of Employment:
- 9 months 185-187 days
- Salary and work year as established by the Rankin County Board of Education
- Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the provisions of the Rankin County School Board policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel