Teacher - Elementary Primary
The Bethel School District is seeking teacher applicants who have the potential to be leaders and innovative educators. Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to deliver instruction based upon best available research and practices in teaching and learning.
If you are a current Bethel School District employee, you must complete an INTERNAL application. All other applicants, including current substitutes, must complete the standard application.
A classroom teacher will create a class environment that fosters and enhances an effective learning environment; implements the district articulated curriculum; establishes learning objectives and standards based upon general district guidelines; and provides effective instruction through appropriate lesson plans and activities designed to address specific educational needs for all students. The teacher will also communicate progress, expectations, and goals to students’ parents, as well as administration. The teacher will maintain professional competence through in-service education, coursework and professional growth activities.
- Prepares lesson plans and develops an instructional program designed to meet the needs of individual and groups of students for the purpose of executing lessons and providing documentation of teacher and student progress.
- Implements district approved curricula that is appropriate for content areas and integrates with State and federal learning standards and guidelines for the purpose of ensuring effective teaching and learning for all students.
- Reports incidents of child abuse, altercations, and substance abuse for the purpose of maintaining personal safety of students.
- Provides clear and focused instruction for all students by adapting and using a variety of teaching strategies for the purpose of meeting student needs toward readiness of successful learning to meet graduation standards.
- Provides on-going quality classroom-based assessments, and monitors students while using district/state assessment tools for the purpose of providing student progress, expectation and goals feedback to students, parents and administration.
- Establishes and maintains a standard of student behavior for the purpose of providing an orderly, safe and productive learning environment.
- Communicates positively and regularly with students, parents and/or legal guardians for the purpose of maintaining an open relationship designed to encourage student achievement through meaningful collaboration.
- Establishes and maintains positive, effective working relationships with those contacted in the performance of work for the purpose of providing an effective school program.
- Maintains appropriate confidential reports, records, and files for the purpose of state/federal law compliance.
- Attends and participates in all staff meetings and extra curricular activities as required or deemed necessary by the District and/or building principal for the purpose of continued professional growth and to remain current in techniques and methods of instruction.
- Collaborates with special education program staff and specialists for the purpose of meeting the needs of special education students, and complying with special education requirements, within the regular classroom environment.
District/Building Administrators as appropriate.
Required to deal with a wide range of student achievement and behavior. May experience frequent interruptions and must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. May be required to deal with distraught students/parents/staff: may be exposed to infectious diseases.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and operate a computer, as well as hand-held learning devices and other office equipment. This position is active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, climbing and reaching throughout the day. The employee will use frequently use repetitive arm/hand motion and must occasionally lift and/or move items over 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee may climb stairs or ride in elevators, depending on the worksite.
Moderate to loud noise levels.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree with appropriate educational endorsement.
Must meet job specific Washington State and federal learning standards.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge and skill in instructional principles, methods and techniques.
Knowledge of current state assessments and graduation requirements.
Knowledge and implementation of district adopted curricula.
Knowledge of subject areas appropriate to assignment.
Knowledge of procedures/policies in the student referral process.
Skill in classroom management, student discipline and developing positive techniques for improving student behavior.
Skills in organizational techniques.
Skill in reading, writing and oral communications.
Ability to establish and maintain positive, effective working relationships with those contacted in the performance of work.
Ability to participate collaboratively in teams.
Ability and commitment to work with a full range of students.
Ability to be fair and consistent when working with a culturally, racially and economically diverse student population.
Ability to follow district/school policies and the educational code of professional conduct.
Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Ability to continue participation in staff development to maintain professional skills.
Ability to effectively integrate technology resources into the curriculum.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Ability to adapt to change and remain flexible.
Ability to meet and maintain punctuality and attendance expectations.
Ability to serve as a role model and treat students as individuals in a professional manner.
Possession of, or the ability to obtain, a valid Washington State teaching certificate with an elementary education endorsement. Must maintain all licenses and certifications as a condition of continued employment. Successful clearance of criminal justice fingerprint and background check.
Bethel Education Association
This posting is for the 2020-21 school year.