Teacher, Learning Support, Math (High School)- 2020-21 School Year
Title: Teacher, Learning Support, Math (High School)
Reports To: Principal
Supervises: Instructional Assistant, Learning Support (High School)
Employee Type: Full-Time, School Year Only, Salaried, Exempt
Provide direct and timely specialist assistance to students in regular classes with disability and additional learning and support needs and their teachers, specifically focused on providing support in math. Emphasize the needs of individual students, school priorities, and evidence-based programs to assist students with additional learning and support needs.
This list is intended to be illustrative rather than complete and serves to show major duties and responsibilities and does not express or imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. The employee will be required to perform other duties requested by the supervisor and/or school administrator.
- Provides students with an appropriate, individualized learning experience that contributes to the achievement of IEP goals and objectives
- Collaborates effectively and professionally as a member of the IEP team
- Writes students’ IEP under the direction of the Director of Student Services
- Maintains accurate and complete record keeping as required by the state of PA
- Guides the learning process toward achievement of the goals and objectives listed in the IEP’s of students for whom the teacher is responsible under the direction of the Director of Student Services
- Assists the classroom and special areas teachers with curriculum modifications and adaptations for individual students.
- Demonstrates effective planning and organization for instruction.
- Selects appropriate materials for implementation of CCS curriculum and adapts materials and methods to learning styles and abilities of students.
- Uses creative instructional methods and procedures and adapts effectively to unusual situations.
- Evaluate each student’s progress and provide reports as required
- Works cooperatively with parents and generates parents’ confidence in the teacher and CCS
- Enforce the CCS Student Code of Conduct, the CCS Uniform Code, and the CCS Computer Usage Code
- Promotes good citizenship through actions as a role model
- Conducts himself or herself according to professional, ethical principles that reflect favorably upon the individual and the school
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality pertaining to school and students’ information, progress, and records
- Assumes other responsibilities assigned by supervisor and/or school administrator
- Abides by the CCS Employee Manual, CCS policies and procedures, and all current PA Public School expectations
- A four-year college degree with PA Special Education Teacher Certification. Math certification and/or experience preferred. If certification is from a different state, PA certification must be obtained within a determined time frame.
- Demonstrated competence as a special education teacher
- Demonstrated competence in all areas of content responsibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of basic computer operations
- Required Clearances include Criminal Background Clearance (Act 34), Child Abuse Clearance (Act 151), and FBI Fingerprint Clearance (Act 114), all dated within one year of receipt
- Meets criteria for employment in a PA Public School
The mental and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to bend, stoop, climb stairs, and reach overhead
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Noise level in the work environment is usually mild to moderate depending on the specific site