2020-2021 SY: Teacher - 3rd/4th Grades - Combo at Nava Elementary
Job | Posted 8 days ago
Teacher, 3rd/4th Grade Combo
at Nava Elementary
Nava Elementary School
All positions with Santa Fe Public Schools require a post offer/pre-employment background check. Some positions have additional requirements as established by Federal or State Rules and Regulations.
Provides an atmosphere which allows students to have opportunity to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical and psychological growth. Responsible for organizing and implementing an instructional program and for providing direct instruction in subject matter and skills that will result in student achievement in accordance with each student’s ability.
(Basic minimum requirements are subject to change from time to time to meet the needs of the District.)
Minimum: Four year degree and valid K-8 New Mexico Teaching License (or the ability to obtain such. Completion of Student teaching or Internship program.
Preferred: At least one year’s previous teaching experience.
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
Demonstrated general knowledge of curriculum and instruction. Demonstrated knowledge of various routine tasks, duties and procedures and the ability to follow specific instructions with little or no previous experience. Ability to exercise considerable and sound judgment to instruct students and manage their behavior. Willingness to improve competency by periodically participating in some form of professional growth and to remain current with the latest developments in the profession. Ability to deal with various ethnic groups. Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills. Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, peers and parents. Must have skill in oral and written communication. Needs the ability to perform duties with awareness of all District requirements and Board of Education policies. Able to work collaboratively to achieve the overall goals of the school and the District.
Essential Job Functions
All functions are performed in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety and environmental regulations, facility and computer security policies and procedures. Functions are subject to change from time to time to meet the needs of the organization. Current essential functions include the following:
- Plans and implements a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of students and complies with State Department of Education Standards and Benchmarks plus the SFPS Board of Education goals and objectives.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional material and provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Ensures that the seven (7) Common Commitments established by the District are evident in direct instruction.
- Delivers curriculum using adopted textbooks.
- Translates lesson plans into developmentally appropriate learning experiences.
- Communicates regularly with parents outside normal classroom day by means of newsletters, notes, phone calls, conferences, etc.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere.
- Evaluates pupils' academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records and prepares progress reports.
- Identifies pupil needs and makes appropriate referrals and develops strategies for individual education plans (IEPs).
- Is available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day.
- Plans and coordinates the work of paraprofessionals, parents, and volunteers in the classroom and on field trips.
- Provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of the student.
- Creates an environment for learning through functional and attractive displays interest centers and exhibits of student's work.
- Collaborates with peers to enhance the instructional environment.
- Collaborates with peers to develop common assessments.
- Models professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, peers, and community.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Based on education, experience, and level of NM Teaching License.
Tier 1 License: $41,000+
Tier 2 License: $50,000+
Tier 3 License: $60,000+
Resources Used in Performing Job Include (but are not limited to):
A wide variety of instructional materials and resources including electronic/digital equipment
Regularly required to stand; move throughout the room and/or facility; communicate verbally and electronically; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl. Occasionally required to sit, climb, and balance, and drive. Regularly required to lift or exert force of up to 25 pounds; frequently required to lift or exert force of up to 50 pounds; and occasionally required to lift or exert force of up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level is usually moderate. Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. Occasionally required to travel to other facilities within the District.
- Demonstrates reliability as evidenced by attendance records and punctuality
- Properly notifies supervisor and/or designee of absences or tardiness
- Begins and completes work within the allotted time
- Consistently appears in attire appropriate to the work environment
- Demonstrates skill in the use of equipment including its capabilities, limitations and appropriate/special application
- Protects the District’s resources through appropriate and careful use of supplies and equipment
- Utilizes appropriate body mechanics to aid in the prevention of muscle strain/injury
Santa Fe Public Schools
610 ALTA VISTA ST., SANTA FE, NM 87501
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $11,258 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 16%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.45
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 228