Job | Posted 4 days ago
Position Status: Tier 3
5.5 Daily Hours
Salary Range A
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Arizona D.P.S Health Services Fingerprint Card
- Tuberculosis Clearance
- MMR & Hepatitis B Clearance
- CPR/First Aid Certificate Renewal
- Three (3) Professional References
The job of Paraprofessional is done for the purpose/s of providing support to the instructional program within assigned classroom/s with specific responsibility for working with individual and/or small groups of students; and providing clerical support to teacher/s and staff.
This job reports to Principal
- Adapts classroom activities, assignments and/or materials under the direction of the supervising teacher for the purpose of supporting and reinforcing classroom objectives.
- Administers classroom assignments, tests, homework assignments, make-up work, etc. for the purpose of supporting teachers in the instructional process.
- Assists students, individually or in small groups, with lesson assignments (e.g. read stories, listen to students read, providing writing assistance, reinforce English lessons, provide spelling practice, facilitate activities, computer learning programs, etc.) for the purpose of practicing and/or reinforcing learning concepts and assisting students in reaching academic goals and grade level standards.
- Attends meetings and in-service presentations for the purpose of acquiring and/or conveying information relative to job functions.
- Communicates with teachers and/or parents for the purpose of assisting in evaluating progress.
- Implements, under the supervision of assigned teacher, instructional programs and lesson plans for the purpose of presenting and/or reinforcing learning concepts.
- Maintains manual and electronic files and records for the purpose of providing written reference and/or historical reference in accordance with established guidelines.
- Monitors individual and/or groups of students in a variety of settings (e.g. classroom, playground, field trips, library, lunchroom, bus loading/unloading, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
- Performs general clerical functions (e.g. copying, filing, data entry, etc.) for the purpose of support classroom's instructional program.
- Reports observations and incidents relating to specific students (e.g. accidents, fights, inappropriate social behavior, violations of rules, safety conditions, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information to appropriate instructional and/or administrative personnel.
- Responds to emergency situations (e.g. injured student, fights, etc.) for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Supports classroom teachers and other school personnel for the purpose of assisting them in the implementation of curriculum and teaching methodologies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform multiple tasks with a potential need to upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: operating standard office equipment including using pertinent software applications; preparing and maintaining accurate records.; using curriculum and instructional techniques.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios; read a variety of manuals, write documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others; and understand complex, multi-step written and oral instructions. Specific knowledge based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: concepts of grammar and punctuation; stages of child development and learning styles; and age appropriate activities.
ABILITY is required to schedule activities; collate data; and use basic, job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others in a variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing defined but different processes; and operate equipment using standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a wide diversity of individuals; work with a variety of data; and utilize a variety of job-related equipment. Problem solving is required to identify issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data requires independent interpretation of guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is limited to moderate. Specific ability based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: communicating with diverse groups; maintaining confidentiality; setting priorities; working as part of a team; and working with constant interruptions.
Responsibilities include: working under direct supervision using standardized procedures; leading, guiding, and/or coordinating others; operating within a defined budget. There is a continual opportunity to have some impact on the organization’s services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 25% sitting, 50% walking, and 25% standing. The job is performed under conditions with some exposure to risk of injury and/or illness.
Experience Job related experience is required.
Education High school diploma or equivalent.
|Must have valid Arizona D.P.S Health Services Fingerprint Card|
|Background Clearance TB Skin Test
Non Exempt A (12.00)
Yuma Elementary School District One
2440 N. 28th St., Yuma, AZ 85364
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $8,651 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 6%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 23.13
% IEP Students
State Average: 12%
State Average: 143