Secretary - Child Find and Sanville Preschool
Job Title: Child Find and Sanville Preschool Secretary
Work Year: 260 days, 8 hours per day
SUMMARY: Provide support to the Child Find Team and the Early Childhood Team. Communicate with families and referral agencies to schedule Child Find appointments, evaluations, and relay school-related information. Maintain records and distribute to relevant stakeholders. Serve as receptionist to Child Find and the Preschool Program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
50% Sanville Preschool Secretary
50% Child Find Secretary
- Collaborate with the Principal to coordinate, organize and manage the effective operation of the office and the daily activities of the school.
- Compose, type and/or edit letters, memorandums, spreadsheets, reports and/or other written correspondence.
- Act as public relations liaison between Principal and others by responding to, advising, or making recommendations for and directing parents, students and staff regarding policies, procedures and confidential and/or sensitive issues.
- Monitor and coordinate incoming information and problems. Often requires problem solving and decision making in the absence of the Principal.
- Manages school financial transactions, including ordering materials, managing budgets and accounts, preparing invoices for payment, processing and monitoring purchase orders, etc.
- Monitor, prepare and submit time and attendance staff leaves.
- Maintain school/student files, records and database(s).
- Become First Aid certified and communicate health needs to school nurse.
- Coordinate and/or complete special projects and/or functions as assigned.
- Provide information on the Child Find process to all callers or walk-ins and schedule all Child Find appointments and evaluations with internal and external providers.
- Secure paperwork and/or releases from outside agencies as needed.
- Maintain an accurate database of children’s information in Infinite Campus/Enrich as they arrive for an evaluation (or as soon as information is obtained).
- Manages Child Find evaluation files and prepare paperwork necessary for evaluation: permission, Medicaid, Home Language survey, preschool app if needed, health questionnaire if needed, invite for staffing parent rights and receipt of these safeguards.
- Mail out reminder letters for evaluations and screenings.
- Place reminder calls for evaluations/staffings and screenings.
- Send follow up documentation to parents.
- Schedule screening appointments, helps coordinate placement and any additional support family needs.
- Maintain up to date database to process CPP billing.
- Assist in managing screenings with Child Find Coordinator and other staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent public relations skills are of utmost importance with students, parents and the community.
- Proof of high school diploma or equivalent, plus specialized courses in secretarial skills, business, bookkeeping, accounting, office management and computers.
- Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal, basic math, accounting, bookkeeping, customer service, organizational, diplomacy, time management and advanced microcomputer skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Ability to type 65 wpm.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff and community.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint as well as other job-appropriate software application, including the Google G-Suite platform.
- Operating knowledge of and experience with computers, productivity software and general office equipment like copy machine and fax machine
- Knowledge of District policies and procedures preferred.
- At least two years of experience in office management.
- English/Spanish bilingual literacy required.
SALARY: Classified Salary Schedule per experience/education/position. Adams County School District 14 is a direct deposit employer. All new employees must be fingerprinted per H.B. 90-1077 at a cost of $40.00 to the employee.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION BASED ON EMPLOYEE GROUP: Classified
APPLICATIONS: All candidates must complete the district's online application for employment. Apply online at www.adams14.org. For more information call 303-853-3201.
APPLICATIONS DEADLINE: Until filled
ABOUT THE DISTRICT: Adams 14, a nationally recognized leader in education innovation, is Colorado’s 23rd largest school district and serves more than 7,500 students annually. Nestled in the historic community of Commerce City, Adams 14 strives to ensure academic success for every student by providing highly effective classroom instruction, supplemental enrichment opportunities and parent/family collaboration opportunities. To learn more about Adams 14, visit adams14.org.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Per the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), the selected applicant shall be required to verify, within 72 hours of employment, their legal right to be employed in the United States. All contracts for employment of personnel shall be subject to approval by Adams County School District 14 Board of Education. Selected applicant must comply with all Adams County School District 14 Board of Education's policies, rules, and regulations.
Inspire. Educate. Empower. Adams 14 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.