Building on a Dragon tradition of excellence, the Carroll Independent School District will foster a safe, caring, and creative learning environment that inspires students to realize their full potential as they positively impact the world around them.
This position will implement the District school health program and provide direct services to meet the needs of the student and staff under the direct supervision of the school nurse (RN).
- High School diploma or GED
- Valid Texas license (LVN) issued by the Texas Board of Vocational Nurse Examiners
- Current cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and automated external defibrillator (AED) certificates
- Working knowledge of computers and related instructional technology devices
- One-year experience in a health-related position; experience working with school-age children (preferred)
- Provide direct care using school health protocols and individualized health plans (IHPs) established by the RN supervisor or medical advisor.
- Administer medication to students according to board policy and district procedures.
- Carry out mandatory screening programs, collect data, and complete required reports as directed.
- Collaborate with campus principal, school counselor, teachers, parents, food service, and other staff regarding the health needs of the general population and those students with identified health conditions as directed by the supervising RN.
- Communicate with parents regarding individual students as directed by the school nurse (RN).
- Participate in Admission, Review, and Dismissal Committee (ARD) meeting of students with identifiable health needs if the RN is unable and collaborate with appropriate staff and RN regarding implementation of health-related Individual Education Plan (IEP) items.
- Distribute information to faculty or staff on health related topics as needed and as directed by the RN.
- Provide guidance to unlicensed assistive personnel or other school staff on health related tasks as directed by the RN.
- Maintain accurate and confidential student health records, including immunization records, medication administration records, and individual student treatment records.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required, including accurate, confidential health records on all students.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state laws, Texas Department of Health rule, State Board of Education rule, and board policy in health services area. Comply with all district and campus routines and regulations.
- Keep abreast of innovative practices.
- Be adaptable and flexible in acceptance of changes in techniques and procedures.
- Maintain a professional level of confidentiality regarding all district matters.
- Uphold and adhere to safety rules.
- Support the goals and objectives of the district and follow district policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
183 (Part-Time) Monday-Friday 10:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
*See attached job description for more information*