Job | Posted 5 days ago
Pitt County Schools
Data Manager Job Description
Position Title: Data Manager
Reports To: Principal
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of computers, networking, and office practices.
- High level of accuracy in data entry and management.
- Administrative skills to interpret county and state policies governing enrollment/withdrawal, attendance, immunizations, and health records.
- Communication skills to communicate with school personnel, students, parents, and outside agencies.
- Computer skills to install new software and hardware and to troubleshoot software and minor hardware problems. Manual skills for cleaning and minor repair of equipment.
- Ability to perform common arithmetical functions.
- Software/word processing skills for data entry, reporting, word processing, desktop publishing, spreadsheets, and NC Wise program.
- Uses discretion to structure tasks to meet expectations and prioritizes to meet deadlines.
- Keeps information confidential.
- Needs limited supervision and is able to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Uses initiative in carrying out recurring assignments independently without specific instructions.
- Able to make decisions and solve problems with school data and information provided.
- MUST be customer service oriented.
Education, Training Required:
High school diploma and a minimum of two years of experience with computer processing and data entry required. Associates Degree from a two year college or technical school preferred.
1.Enters and manages student data in PowerSchool, including enrollments, withdrawals, student/teacher/room schedules, transcripts, test scores, immunizations, demographics, etc.
2.Monitors the entry of attendance and grades by teachers into system. Monitors student absences for correct excused/unexcused coding. Prepares student absence lists and daily absence bulletin. Maintains student sign-in/sign-out logs, based upon directions from principal. Corresponds with parents concerning student absences and tardiness, including attendance letters per school district procedures. Directs teachers concerning attendance procedures and policies.
3.Employs the system to generate reports to satisfy the requirements of Pitt County Schools, school administrators, local and state government, law enforcement and health agencies, as well as the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction.
4.Oversees student entry and withdrawal from the school. Enrolls new students throughout the year. Enters basic student and demographic information. Processes arriving student's cumulative records. Prepares cumulative records for departing students. Withdraws departing students. Maintains files of arriving/departing students' cumulative records. Copies and sends cumulative records for withdrawing students and maintains a log of students who entered and departed the school throughout the year. Provides home room assignments and schedules.
5.Collects data for and prints marking period report cards meeting the timelines set by the Principal.
6.Requests cumulative records for new students and sends cumulative records upon request for exiting students. Manages student cumulative records according to federal (FERPA) and district policies and procedures; May be responsible for records duties at the discretion of the principal.
Other clerical duties as assigned by the principal.
Pitt County Schools
1717 W 5th Street, Greenville, NC 27834-1698
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $8,494 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 7%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.55
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 565