ESE Teacher (High School) - Tampa, FL (#215723)
The ESE Teacher position is responsible for coaching, motivating and instructing special education students within the company model and with attention given to each student’s Individual Graduation Plan. The ESE Teacher will collaborate with regular-education teachers and support staff to ensure that each ESE student’s needs outlined in their IGP are being met and that the student is progressing. All for-credit courses are aligned to state standards and are delivered by the certified teacher assigned to the course with the ESE teacher acting in a support role. The ESE Teacher will work directly with the school’s Administrators to ensure that all ESE paperwork and reporting requirements are in compliance with school district regulations.
• Provides a learning environment that is team-oriented, student-centered and aligned with the company’s academic goals and specified objectives.
• Creates and or updates Individual Education Plans (IEP) for each of his/her ESE students and uses this as the basis to track each student’s academic performance
• Acts as a mentor, facilitator, advocate and coach to support, mentor and guide students through their IGP and IEP using the technology and other resources available. • Provides positive support for all the ESE students within the school in conjunction with overseeing and monitoring individual student progress and the use of resources and equipment.
? Uses only forms or reporting records approved and /or adopted by the company.
• Provides direction and leadership within the school by displaying an effective working knowledge of the subject matter and by demonstrating best practices relating to teaching/instructional techniques.
• Maintains progress monitoring reports, IEP compliance, attendance and behavioral records, academic grades and other student records as required by state regulatory guidelines and company policy and procedures.
•effectively facilitates positive interaction between students and their peers as well as with the instructional staff.
• Collaborates with peers to develop, plan and implement best educational practices based upon the individual academic needs of the students that are aligned with the goals of the company.
• Employs excellent customer service principles when working with school staff members, parents and students.
• Participates in professional development courses or activities to maintain appropriate certification or credentials based on position.
• Performs all other instructional and academic duties as deemed necessary, which are aligned in accordance with company policy and procedures that ensure educational goals are achieved.
• Maintains all Special Education records and works collaboratively with school staff to ensure all records are in compliance
• Serve as a member of the school’s Student Study Team (SST)