JobID 12346 : Paraprofessional (#2038003)
Posted 2 months ago
WARREN COUNTY EDUCATIONAL SERVICE CENTER
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: Mason Heights
2019-2020 School Year
Reports to: Program Director/Principal and/or Superintendent
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a valid Ohio driver’s license.
- Effective communication skills in English.
- Access to own motor vehicle.
- Ohio educational aide certificate.
- Ability to physically manage students with disabilities.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to maneuver stairs unassisted.
- Pass criminal background check.
Under immediate supervision, works with handicapped students in a one-on-one situation or small group situation providing instruction for personal care and/or the use of instructional aids; assists in the preparation of activities and projects; monitors student activities; uses positive guidance techniques; participates in multi-factored evaluation meetings when requested.
- Assists students as instructed by classroom teacher(s) in one-on-one small group situations using approved curriculum.
- Assists the classroom teacher(s) with activities and projects (e.g., laminating, copying materials, bulletin boards, project preparation, and clean up, etc.). Helps to maintain a positive learning environment.
- Operates equipment (e.g., copier, typewriter, computer, laminator, etc.).
- Supervises students during recess/playground, halls, cafeteria periods and may feed students; walks or assists students to and from restrooms, buses, and cabs; and with duties related to the general welfare of students (e.g., safety precautions, self-help needs, etc.).
- Climbs ladders to hang projects and store materials.
- Participates, cooperates, and helps supervise emergency preparedness drills (e.g., tornado, fire, etc.).
- Accompanies student(s) on class field trips or community experiences.
- Prepares for and assists with classroom parties, snack-time, etc.
- Uses positive guidance techniques to foster development of self-control, self-esteem, and positive social interactions.
- Assists students with handicap devices and equipment.
- Participates in team multi-factored evaluations, as requested.
- Attends to personal needs of students as required (soiled clothing, cuts, scrapes, illness, injuries, personal hygiene, toileting, catheterization, transfers, mobility lifting, carrying, etc., as trained by a licensed health care professional).
- Performs delegated nursing duties as directed by Registered Nurse according to Board Policy.
- Monitors all students until a parent/guardian arrives.
- Carries out established behavioral plans as approved by behavior management committee.
- Assists with the lifting, moving, and physical management of students (e.g., lifts and moves up to eighty (80) pounds).
- Maintains required certificate(s).
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
- Attends appropriate workshops and professional meetings.
- Performs all duties in conformity to the adopted Board Policy.
- Displays professional appearance.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as a role model for educators and students in how to conduct themselves as citizens and as responsible, intelligent human beings.
- Helps instill in students and staff the belief in and practice of ethical principles and democratic values.
- Shall perform such other duties as the Governing Board may assign/determine.
- The employee shall remain free of any alcohol or nonprescribed controlled substance abuse in the workplace throughout his/her employment in the County/District.
- Observes Risk Reduction Safety Rules and Regulations of the Warren County ESC and School Districts, State, Federal OSHA laws and will be evaluated to the extent of compliance and implementation as an employee of such rules and regulations for safety in the workplace while visiting such sites in line of work duties.
Additional Working Conditions:
- Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids, and tissue.
- Possible operation of a vehicle under inclement weather conditions.
- Possible interaction among unruly children.