JobID 317 : Elementary School - Administrative Assistant (#2037238)
Description: The Administrative Assistant will manage the main office area of the school including, answering the phones, maintain accurate and up-to-date files (computer and hard copy) for all students and work with the Principal/Director and Teachers on other duties as assigned.
- Maintain the office area in a neat and orderly fashion
- Work with students who need, passes, early / late entry etc.
- Answer the phone and direct calls as necessary
- Track, calculate and enter Student demographic information/hours in Student Information System in collaboration with school and district-wide Student data reporting staff
- Maintain and update Minnesota state student reporting data to maintain accurate student’s information.
- Maintain all Student files and assist with all MARSS Reporting as required
- Building transportation liaison with district transportation coordinator and organization of routing data with transportation company
- Provide information about housing and busing needs for student transportation
- Handle requests from other agencies or schools for student records
- Demonstrate excellent judgment and decision making skills regarding responses for requests for information and determining whether additional consultation or records are appropriate
- Compile and send a variety of physical and electronic materials such as letters, reports, record requests etc.
- Maintain program and office supplies
- Assist parents and students with problems and concerns when appropriate
- Keep record of students’ medications and administration of medications, basic first aid
- Other job related duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience in a support role position
- Excellent attention to detail and proficient in multi-tasking in a very fast paced environment with continual interruptions
- Quick learner who is willing to learn on the job
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people in a calm, patient, understanding, creative, flexible, student-centered environment
- Good human relation skills, team player and professional demeanor
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Proficient with basic computer programs including but not limited to Microsoft Office products
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of student information at all times.
- Working knowledge of MARSS and Skyward
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, climb steps, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
About Minnesota Transitions Charter School:
Minnesota Transitions Charter School (MTCS) is a unique collaboration of charter schools that help each learner make the transition from classroom to post-secondary/career and meet the responsibilities of a changing future. We were one of the nation’s early leaders in charter school development. Charter schools offer the chance for parents to choose the best education possible for their family. Special education and EL services are integrated into all of our programs. MTCS offers a learning environment emphasizing small classes as well as strong career training and academic preparation. We offer a traditional High School with many career options, Middle School and Elementary School as well as Minnesota Virtual High School (grades 6-12), Connections Academy (grades K-12) and Banaadir Academy, which has a focus on serving Somali students. Learn more at www.mtcs.org
Minnesota Transitions Charter School (MTCS) does not discriminate in employment or in any of its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, sexual orientation, age or genetic information.