JobID 816 : Sixth Grade Math and Science Teacher (Long Term Substitute) (#2036948)
The Winnetka Public Schools District 36 has a Sixth Grade Math & Science teaching position (Long-term Substitute Assignment) available at the middle school level at The Skokie School.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Regarding Planning and Preparation: Demonstrates knowledge of content and pedagogy; demonstrates and articulates knowledge of students, including their developmental stages and needs; differentiates instruction; and designs coherent, creative, flexible, and dynamic curriculum, instruction and assessment.
- Regarding the Classroom Environment: Creates an environment of respect and rapport within and outside the classroom; establishes a culture of learning and democracy; manages classroom procedures and student behavior; creates responsive physical space.
- Regarding Instruction: Clearly communicates anticipated learning outcomes, directions and procedures with students; uses multiple modalities in teaching and learning processes/activities; uses questioning and discussion techniques; engages students in the learning process; and differentiates instruction.
- Regarding Professional Responsibilities: Reflects on instructional practices to guide future plans, teaching and professional development; documents student growth and progress; communicates with families; grows and develops professionally; participates in a professional community; and shows professionalism.
- Completes all District compliance training as required.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Perform other duties as directed by the Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent, or Building Principal/Assistant Principal.
EDUCATIONAL PREPARATION/ CERTIFICATES/ QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have appropriate Illinois Professional Teaching License with middle school math and science endorsements.
- Prefer previous experience in specific position.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and positive relationships with students, staff, parents, and community members.
- Clearance of FBI Background check required.
- TB test within 90 days of hire date; Physical Exam within last year of hire date.
- Valid First Aid/CPR Cards preferred.
- Knowledge of and commitment to a child-centered approach to teaching. The ability to differentiate instruction within a heterogeneous group is expected.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Desire and personal skills to work cooperatively with colleagues and to communicate effectively.
- A high energy level and willingness to devote the time required of the position.
- A commitment to continuous personal and professional growth.
- Experience with using technology in support of classroom teaching & learning experiences.
Moderate degree of physical stamina with occasional lifting of 10 to 15 pounds and occasional lifting up to 50 pounds required in the physical assistance of students with special needs. Ability to move freely to various locations within the classroom, office and other business and community settings. Frequent standing, walking, sitting, and bending. Frequent repetitive activities including hands, arms, and legs for clerical related work. Exposure to noise and activity of a school setting. Exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
All interested applicants should apply online at www.winnetka36.org and include a letter of interest, resume, transcripts, and letters of recommendation.