JobID 1482 : Special Education Teacher-Extended School Year (7 positions available) (#2036768)
Special Education Teacher for Extended School Year
Location: Elmwood Park High School
Licensure Required: Learning Behavior Specialist (LBS-I)
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Experience: Previous experience working with students with behavioral and learning challenges and developmental disabilities preferred.
Description: This is a part-time position from June 1-July 2, 2020. The job of Special Education Teacher for extended school year is to deliver and differentiate instruction for students with disabilities; supervise students within the classroom and other assigned areas; develop lesson plans and deliver group and individual student instruction within established curriculum guidelines; write individualized education plans and behavior intervention plans based on data; collaborate with other teachers, other professional staff, and administrators in addressing instructional and/or classroom needs; and communication with students, other staff members, and families with regard to student progress and the instructional program.
This position reports to the Student Services Administration.
- Assesses student progress towards targets and standards for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents and administration throughout the learning process.
- Communicates clearly and accurately with students, families, and colleagues for student success.
- Delivers instruction to engage all students and adjusts lessons as indicated by students’ IEPs and progress for the purpose of improving students’ success in academic and functional skills.
- Designs classroom work for the purpose of providing students with instructional materials that address individualized education plan goals aligned with the Common Core State Standards and Essential Elements.
- Designs and administers assessments aligned with instructional goals; uses the data for the purpose of evaluating student progress, and writes and case manages students with individualized education plans.
- Directs and supports instructional assistants and/or volunteers for the purpose of providing an effective classroom program and addressing the needs of individual students.
- Maintains accurate and timely records, including individualized education plans, for the purpose of monitoring student progress.
- Manages student behavior, classroom procedures, and physical space for the purpose of providing a safe and optimal learning environment in which diverse student needs are respected and valued.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Reflects on practice regarding strategies, behaviors and lesson effectiveness for the purpose of enhancing student achievement.
- Responds to emergency situations and reports incidents for the purpose of maintaining personal safety of students, providing a positive learning environment, and adhering to Education code and school policies.
Qualifications: Must have a valid Illinois Professional Educator License for Learning Behavior Specialist (LBSI).