JobID 3784 : Special Education Teacher - High School Pathways Program (#2036734)
The Needham Public Schools seeks outstanding and highly motivated applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences for the position of Special Education Teacher for the Pathways Program.
Pathways is designed for students with significant emotional and psychosocial challenges who necessitate a small structured educational setting with a high staff to student ratio. The program provides students with a highly structured therapeutic milieu in order to help students to make positive choices, build self-esteem, engage in the learning process, and build a transition plan for the future. The Pathways team consists of a special educator and a clinician.
- Provides academic instruction and support to students in all curriculum areas
- Provide case management
- Develops and implements IEPs and behavior intervention plans along with the collection and analysis of related data
- Facilitates annual review and progress update team meetings
- Monitors student performance through formal and informal assessment processes
- Works closely with the program clinician, related services providers, general education teachers, and support staff
- Provides consistent and on-going communication with parents
- Collaborates with community agencies and organizations as needed to support experiential and project-based learning opportunities for students
- Certification in Moderate Special Needs
- Supervisory skills and experience working with students with social/emotional and behavioral challenges;
- Masters degree preferred
- 3-5 years experience preferred
- Must be a highly motivated, self-starter who can work both independently and collaboratively.
- Must have ability to collect and analyze data in order to make recommendations for instructional programming and professional development.
- Must have well-established communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to share information and resources as appropriate, including strong written communication skills.
- Must have a background working with students with who struggle with mental health issues
- Posess a high degree of collaboration with colleagues to ensure students needs are being met
- Ability to develop the services and program into a model providing a high degree of integrity while focused on serving students and meeting all needs
- Ability to think creatively to meet student's needs while ensuring a high quality program
Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary license as a Moderate Special Needs Teacher
All resumes will be screened and selected candidates will participate in a thorough interview process
Please apply online: www.generalasp.com/needham/onlineapp
Applications will be considered only when a cover letter, resume, three letters of recommendation, license and transcripts have been attached to your online application.
Candidates are encouraged to review the working conditions, wages and benefits in the collective bargaining agreement located at http://rwd1.needham.k12.ma.us/human_resources/Contracts
The Needham Public School System is a member of METCO, Developing Equity and Achievement for Students (IDEAS) and the Greater Boston School Human Resources Network. Candidates who have a strong commitment to active anti-racism are encouraged to apply.
The Needham Public Schools does not discriminate against students, parents, employees or the general public on the basis of race, color, sex, homeless status, gender identity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or age. In addition to the protected classes identified and in regard to employment practices, the Needham Public Schools also does not discriminate based on genetic information, ancestry or status as a veteran.