JobID 190 : High School Music Paraprofessional (#2036576)
Under the direct supervision of the Music Teacher the music paraprofessional will assist with students in the classroom to meet instructional goals and objectives. This position is part time – approximately 8 hours per week. The school schedule would require that the music paraprofessional be there Monday through Thursday from 9:45 to 10:45. The other 4 hours are flexible during the week.
The Music Paraprofessional reports to the Music Teacher.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists Music Teacher in the administration and correction of classroom exercises, tests and assessments.
- Assists with classroom behavioral management to minimize disruptions, ensure a safe and orderly classroom, and ensure students are on task.
- Follows all applicable safety rules, procedures and regulations governing the proper manner of assistance for all students, including those with disabilities or other special needs.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES PREFERRED
- Ability to accompany choir students
- Ability to choreograph
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree or the ability to pass the Para Pro Test.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
This job requires the ability to handle and balance multiple demands at the same time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in this environment can be from moderate to quite loud depending upon the activity at the various schools and the particular part of the day.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individual currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.