JobID 211 : Elementary Assistant Principal (#2036158)
Must hold a certificate issued by Oklahoma State Department of Education.
The certificate position area must be in Assistant Principal.
The certificate status must be active or about to graduate from a state-approved teacher preparation program.
Wayside Elementary Assistant Principal
Valid Oklahoma Teaching Certificate
Certified as Elementary Principal
Job Description: To assist the principal in providing school-wide leadership, maintaining a safe and positive school climate, providing supervision of educational processes that support and advance student learning, while learning the role of the elementary principal.
Term of Employment: 12 month contract
Location: Wayside Elementary School
Reports to: Principal
Supervisory responsibilities Teachers, Support Staff
Qualifications/ Job Requirements: Elementary Teaching Certificate, Principal certification, Master’s Degree, 3 years of successful teaching experience
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the principal in the overall administration of the school.
- Assists in maintaining a positive school climate and student discipline.
- Represents the principal in the absence of the principal
- Assists the principal in supervising and evaluating teachers and support staff.
- Assists in supervising after school or evening activities.
- Assists in school safety and safety drill activities.
- Supervises the reporting and monitoring of student attendance, and communicates with parents as needed.
- Assists the principal in the responsibility for coordinating transportation, custodial, cafeteria, and other support services.
- Establishes effective rapport with students and develops and maintains positive and professional relationships with the whole school community.
- Serves with parents, staff, and student groups as requested in advancing educational processes and related school programs.
- Performs record-keeping functions as directed by the principal.
- Assists in the planning of professional development and staff communication.
- Promotes and implements Bartlesville Public Schools’ goals and strategic plan objectives.
- Stays current on educational changes and developments through reading professional literature and attending professional meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the principal and Executive Director of Elementary Education and Professional Development.