JobID 206 : 2020-2021 CERTIFIED TEACHER For Dual Language Program (Spanish) GRADES K-1 (#2034318)
Posted a month ago
2020-2021 CERTIFIED TEACHER
Position available at Starlight Park & Tarver (Stipend available)
For Dual Language Program (Spanish) GRADES K-1
JOB GOAL: To assure that all students achieve at a high academic standard. To provide students with the opportunity to become college and career ready in a globally competitive world through academic excellence in content areas while acquiring scholastic achievement in two languages.
- Current Arizona Elementary, Secondary, and/or Special Education Teaching Certificate.
- Excellent academic language model in both Spanish and English
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of State and National Standards.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable
REPORTS TO: Principal and/or Assistant Principal
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs of students.
- Demonstrate effective knowledge of and is sensitive to the needs of a diverse student population.
- Knowledge of second language acquisition.
- Assist with the planning and development of the dual language program beyond each school year, to include curriculum development and community outreach.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and, in harmony with the goals, establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects to communicate these objectives to students.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Strives to implement by instruction and action the district’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Identifies the learning problems of students on a regular basis and seeks the assistance of specialists as required.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Assesses progress and preparation of students for the AIMS (Arizona’s Instrument to Measure Standards).
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct: and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, while maintaining order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Makes provisions for being available to students and parents for educational-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms (Open House, Parent/Teacher Conferences, etc.).
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Cooperates with the administration in planning and/or participating in appropriate in-service training programs at a school or at the district level.
- Shares responsibility during the school day for the supervision of all students in all areas of the school.
- Continues professional growth through attendance at workshops, seminars, conferences, and/or advanced course work at institutions of higher learning.
- Demonstrates awareness of Governing Board policies and State Statutes related to job responsibilities.
- All other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Employment 213 days (subject to annual calendar change).
Salary schedule approved by the Governing Board.
MINIMUM SALARY: $46,470