JobID 3738 : 2020-2021 SY: Occupational Therapist (#2034315)
To provide occupational therapy services for students by creating a flexible program and an environment favorable to learning and personal growth.
• Cooperates in the development and implementation of the District program of instruction, as applicable to occupational therapy.
• Plans and implements programs of therapy that help students develop to their potential in motor, perceptual and self-help skills and as much as possible, meets individuals needs, interests and abilities.
• Guides the learning process toward the achievement of Individual Educational Program goals.
• Develops case management programs that reflect individual needs, interests and abilities that meet the requirements of student Individual Educational Program goals.
• Assesses therapeutic progress of students on a regular basis.
• Establishes and maintains standards of appropriate student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere.
• Participates in Individual Educational Program meetings as requested.
• Prescribes effective programs or initiates referrals to appropriate agency personnel and provides progress reports as required.
• Establishes and maintains open lines of communication with students, parents and staff concerning students' occupational therapy program and/or progress.
• Selects and requests appropriate instructional materials and equipment and maintains required inventory records.
• Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Therapy
- Valid New Mexico Occupational Therapist license
- Valid New Mexico State Board license in Occupational Therapy
• Bilingual in Spanish/English is preferred
Apply online at www.sfps.info