JobID 1528 : 2020 Summer Adventuretime- Summer Associate (Multiple Positions) (#2034120)
Job | Posted 2 months ago
Purpose of PositionUnder general supervision provide supervision for students and general clerical office support.
Please review the attached UCSD Actions of Excellence to gain an understanding of the expecations for UCSD employees.
QUALIFICATIONS(Skills, Knowledge, Abilities, Education, Certification/Licensure, Experience, Equipment)
- Ability to relate well with children. Understanding and ability to meet developmental needs of preschool and school age children.
- Knowledge and skill in childcare /child development, including what children are capable of at different age levels; health.
- Knowledge of safety and emergency procedures.
- Knowledge of children’s activities that will get the child to use both their skills and imagination.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to implement program activities as well as participate in those activities.
- Ability to be on time and follow through with responsibilities.
- Ability to serve as a positive role model for children.
- Ability to anticipate problems and take preventive action.
- Ability to create collaborative working environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with students, parents, staff, teachers, and administration.
1. High School Diploma or G.E.D. Required.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification (provided by Adventuretime if needed)
- Current Mandatory Reporters of Child Abuse Certification
- Current Blood Born Pathogens Certification
- OSHA (Right to Know)
- Medication Administration Certification (provided by Adventuretime)
- Six months -One year of childcare experience preferred.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERSNone
|ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
Performs other duties assigned.
- Satisfactory health as certified by a competent medical authority every three years.
- Requires eye/hand/arm coordination and dexterity of fingers and hands in keyboarding, calculating and fingering and grasping small objects normally weighing less than 10 lbs.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling and related physical activity.
- Ability to work while standing, moving and/or walking.
- Drug, tobacco, and alcohol free while working.
- Must be able to see and hear within normal limits with our without corrective lenses or hearing aids.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle used to travel between sites.
- Majority of work is performed in an office or school setting.
- Occasional exposure to body fluids, fumes, noise, and hazardous materials and emergency situations.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- At-will employee
- Ten-week position
- Work set schedule Monday-Friday each week.
- Part time position, not eligible for benefits.
- May take off a maximum of 5 (unpaid days) during the summer program.
- Per Board Policies and administrative guidelines.
No student enrolled in the Urbandale Community School District shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination in the District's programs on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status (for program), ethnic background, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age (for employment) or socio-economic background (for program). The policy of the District shall be to provide educational programs and opportunities for students as needed on the basis of individual interests, values, abilities and potential. If you have questions please contact the district office at 11152 Aurora Ave, Urbandale, IA or call 515.457.5000. The district's Equity Coordinators are Dr. Keri Schlueter, Coordinator of Student Services; Mark Lane, Associate Superintendent of Human Resources & Operations; and Crista Carlile, Director of Teaching and Learning.
Urbandale Comm School District
11152 Aurora Avenue, Urbandale, IA 50322-7903
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $12,236 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 5%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 14.24
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 213