JobID 1529 : 202 Summer Adventuretime Team Leader (4 positions open) (#2034113)
Job | Posted a month ago
Purpose of Position
Base Hourly Rate: $16.09 per hour
QUALIFICATIONS(Skills, Knowledge, Abilities, Education, Certification/Licensure, Experience, Equipment)
- Ability to relate well with children. Understanding and ability to meet developmental needs of school age children.
- Knowledge and skill in childcare / child development, including what children are capable of at different age levels; health.
- Knowledge of safety and emergency procedures.
- Knowledge of children’s activities that will get the child to use both their skill and imagination.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement program activities as well as participate in those activities.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Ability to be on time and follow through with responsibilities.
- Ability to serve as a positive role model for staff and children.
- Knowledge of and skill in managing on-site staff.
- Ability to anticipate problems and take preventive action.
- Ability to create collaborative working environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with students, parents, staff, teachers, and administration.
- Bachelors or Associates Degree preferred
- High School Diploma required
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Current Mandatory Reporters of Child Abuse Certification
- Current Universal Precautions Certification
- Medication Administration Certification
- Additional Training/Certifications completed within 60 days of hire
- 1-2 years of childcare / child development experience
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS
- Assistant Team Leader
- Satisfactory health as certified by a competent medical authority every three years.
- Ability to organize and think clearly while communicating, organizing and evaluating.
- Frequent walking, running, standing, bending, stooping, kneeling, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting small children weighing from 20-60 pounds; using fingers, hands, feet, legs and torso participating in various activities with children.
- Drug, tobacco, and alcohol free while working.
- Must be able to see and hear within normal limits with our without corrective lenses or hearing aids.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle used to travel between sites.
- Majority of work is performed in an office or school setting.
- Occasional exposure to body fluids, fumes, noise, and hazardous materials and emergency situations.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- At-will employee
- Summer position only.
- Per Board Policies and administrative guidelines.
- Performance evaluated annually.
No student enrolled in the Urbandale Community School District shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination in the District's programs on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status (for program), ethnic background, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age (for employment) or socio-economic background (for program). The policy of the District shall be to provide educational programs and opportunities for students as needed on the basis of individual interests, values, abilities and potential. If you have questions please contact the district office at 11152 Aurora Ave, Urbandale, IA or call 515.457.5000. The district's Equity Coordinators are Dr. Keri Schlueter, Coordinator of Student Services; Mark Lane, Associate Superintendent of Human Resources & Operations; and Crista Carlile, Director of Teaching and Learning.
Urbandale Comm School District
11152 Aurora Avenue, Urbandale, IA 50322-7903
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $12,236 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 5%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 14.24
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 213