JobID 3729 : 2020-2021 SY: Teacher - SPED - Resource Room (#2034061)
Job | Posted a month ago
Teacher, Resource Room
Special Education and School Principal
NM SPED Teacher License; Endorsements dependent upon position
Provides direct instruction to students identified for special education instructional services to help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their social, emotional, behavioral, and academic development.
(Basic minimum requirements are subject to change from time to time to meet the needs of the District.)
Minimum: Bachelor's degree; Either a Current New Mexico Teaching certificate in specified field or ability to obtain such; Current endorsements dependent upon specific positions may be required.
Preferred: Bilingual in Spanish/English is preferred
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
Demonstrated general knowledge of curriculum and instruction. Demonstrated knowledge of various routine tasks, duties and procedures and the ability to follow specific instructions with little or no previous experience. Ability to exercise considerable and sound judgment to instruct students and manage their behavior. Willingness to improve competency by periodically participating in some form of professional growth and to remain current with the latest developments in the profession. Ability to deal with various ethnic groups. Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills. Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, peers and parents. Must have skill in oral and written communication. Needs the ability to perform duties with awareness of all District requirements and Board of Education policies. Able to work collaboratively to achieve the overall goals of the school and the District.
Essential Job Functions
All functions are performed in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety and environmental regulations, facility and computer security policies and procedures. Functions are subject to change from time to time to meet the needs of the organization. Current essential functions include the following:
- Administers intensive supports to students that have behavioral, academic, and/or social disabilities
- Provides an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of children.
- Plans and provides for appropriate learning experiences for students.
- Supervises students in a variety of school-related settings.
- Monitors and evaluates student outcomes.
- Communicates and interacts with students, parents, staff, and the community.
- Develops, selects, and modifies instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of all students.
- Actively participates in behavior intervention meetings and professional development.
- Collects data and records anecdotal student progress notes and maintains behavioral charting data.
- Monitors, observes and reports behavior of students according to approved procedures, including progress regarding student performance and behavior.
- Follows health and safety practices and regulations.
- Assists students in developing self-help and self-advocacy skills as directed.
- Assists in implementing specialized student plans (IEP, BIP), as needed.
- Maintains appropriate records and follows required procedures and practices.
- Coordinate Functional Behavioral Assessments and Behavior Intervention Plan that address students’ inappropriate behaviors and provide a means to help the students become academically and socially successful.
- Assists in providing school-wide behavior management strategies.
- Reacts to change productively.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Based on education, experience, and level of NM Teaching License.
Tier 1 License: $41,000+
Tier 2 License: $50,000+
Tier 3 License: $60,000+
Resources Used in Performing Job Include (but are not limited to):
A wide variety of instructional materials and resources including electronic/digital equipment
Regularly required to stand; move throughout the room and/or facility; communicate verbally and electronically; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl. Occasionally required to sit, climb, and balance, and drive. Regularly required to lift or exert force of up to 25 pounds; frequently required to lift or exert force of up to 50 pounds; occasionally required to lift or exert force of up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level is usually moderate. Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. Occasionally required to travel to other facilities within the District.
- Demonstrates reliability as evidenced by attendance records and punctuality.
- Properly notifies supervisor and/or designee of absences or tardiness.
- Begins and completes work within the allotted time.
- Consistently appears in attire appropriate to the work environment.
- Demonstrates skill in the use of equipment including its capabilities, limitations and appropriate/ special application.
- Protects the District’s resources through appropriate and careful use of supplies and equipment.
- Utilizes appropriate body mechanics to aid in the prevention of muscle strain/injury.
Santa Fe Public Schools
610 ALTA VISTA ST., SANTA FE, NM 87501
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $11,258 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 16%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.45
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 228