JobID 5324 : Special Education Teacher - East Valley - 2020-2021 School Year (#2034040)
Posted 2 months ago
General Position Information
Position Department/Campus: Any LTS Campus
Reports To: Campus Principal/Special Education Coordinator
Our Mission and Purpose: Legacy Traditional schools is dedicated to providing motivated students with the opportunity to achieve academic excellence in an accelerated, back-to-basics, safe learning environment taught by caring, knowledgeable, and highly effective educators in cooperation with supportive, involved parents.
Essential Duties & Accountabilities
- Meets and instructs assigned students at designated locations and specific times.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- When appropriate, implements behavioral interventions up to and including QBS holds (if trained).
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and--in harmony with the goals--establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects and the like. Communicates these objectives to students.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media; consistent with the physical limitations of the provided location and the needs and capabilities of the individuals involved.
- Strives to implement, by instruction and action, the district's philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Recognizes and evaluates the learning and other disabilities of students on a regular basis; seeks the assistance or referral of district specialists as required.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Performs other necessary duties as assigned.
- Positively interact with all students.
- Create a safe learning environment that is conducive to learning.
- Capable of designing lesson plans to meet student needs and school & state requirements.
- Able to employ varied teaching strategies and best practices that effectively teaches the curriculum.
- Ability to identify individual student needs.
- Good communication skills with, students, coworkers, administration and parents.
- Ability to collaborate with other teachers and school staff.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the teaching profession by utilizing resources for professional development therefore, improving the education that is provided.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education
- Mild to Moderate Cross Categorical Certification
- Arizona Employees:
- Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Arizona Teaching Certificate (with appropriate certification for grade or subject)
- Nevada Employees:
- NV Fingerprint Background Check
- NV Teaching License (with appropriate certification for grade or subject)
- Appropriately Certified in grade or subject according to ESSA requirements and Department of Education
- The incumbent in this position will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills.
- Must demonstrate initiative and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Duties are performed typically in school and/or office settings throughout the division. May include frequent walking, standing, stooping, lifting up to approximately 25 pounds and occasional lifting of equipment and/or materials weighing up to approximately 40 pounds may be required.
- Must have the ability to stand for extended periods of time in front of the classroom; see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in person and on the telephone; and the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- As funds allow, this is an IDEA federally-funded position with responsibilities that align to federal requirements. The continuation of this position will be revisited annually based on funding.