JobID 9506 : Teacher Placement Coordinator (Part-Time) (#2033871)
The Archdiocese of Chicago is the third largest diocese in the United States and serves more than 2.2 million Catholics in The Archdiocese, pastored by Cardinal Blase J. Cupich, has more than 15,000 employees across its ministries, including Catholic Charities, the region’s largest nonprofit social service agency. The Archdiocese also has one of the country’s largest seminaries. The Archdiocese’s elementary and secondary schools comprise one of the largest U.S. private school systems.
The Teacher Placement Coordinator (“Coordinator”) provides support for the hiring and placement process for teachers and designated staff members in Catholic schools. The Coordinator works closely with the Manager of Teacher Placement & Recruitment to ensure that effective processes are in place to support personnel hiring, placement, Reductions in Staff, and similar actions.
- Assists the Manager with the application and placement process for Archdiocese of Chicago teacher candidates.
- Responds to requests regarding reference checks and current teacher credential files.
- Assists the Manager with the management of the AppliTrack hiring system.
- Provides secondary assistance with the Reduction in Staff (RIS) process.
- Assists individual schools with marketing individual teacher and staff vacancies.
- Other projects as assigned
- Associates degree (college degree preferred).
- Experience in customer service or support in a education, business, or non-profit setting.
- Excellent customer service, data management, interpersonal, written and verbal communication, and customer service skills.
- Strong aptitude in information technology, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Passion for and commitment to the Archdiocese’s mission of Catholic education, including sensitivity to the needs of diverse school communities (practicing Catholic preferred).
The Archdiocese of Chicago is in the midst of exciting changes as we renew our local Church. With a variety of opportunities to contribute your professional talents and experience, we invite you to consider any of our current openings at archchicago.org/careers. We offer competitive salary and benefit packages, as well as opportunities for professional and personal growth and development.