JobID 7567 : Food & Nutrition Services Driver - three positions - 4.5 hours/day (#2033208)
Posting Title: Food & Nutrition Driver
Bargaining Group: GRESPA
Earning Days: 38 Weeks
Hourly Rate: $16.49 hour and comprehensive benefits package
GRPS Mission: Our mission is to ensure that all students are educated, self-directed and productive members of society.
The Truck Driver is responsible for the efficient and proper operation of the Food & Nutrition Services storage area and the District food delivery system.
- Assure all food and supplies are delivered daily to the appropriate schools in a timely manner.
- Coordinate driver absences with available subs.
- Maintain all records required by the Food & Nutrition Services Office.
- Schedule routine maintenance of delivery vehicles and related equipment.
- Perform ordering duties for the Satellite and the secondary programs utilizing on-line computer ordering systems.
- Inspect and check-in all incoming stock following HACCP standards established by the department.
- Maintain high standards of sanitation, food safety and personal work safety in the storage area.
- Coordinate shipping, receiving and production with the Nutrition Center Manager.
- Provide production supplies from the storage area to the kitchen as needed.
- Assist with summer meal program as directed by coordinator.
- Attend meetings as directed.
- Interact with co-workers, administration, students, parents and the community in positive, supportive and cooperative ways.
- Other duties as assigned.
PREPARATION, TRAINING, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCES:
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Professional appearance as defined in the department policy.
- Ability to work efficiently without direct supervision.
- Valid Michigan driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Demonstrated leadership/training skills.
- Ability to work well with principals, custodians and other Food and Nutrition Service employees.
- Previous experience driving large vehicles preferred.
- Ability to operate workhorse/high-lo and unload skids from tractor trailers.
- Proficient experience working with computers in the window based environment preferred.
- Demonstrated good attendance and punctuality.
- Demonstrated ability to participate as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse environment.
The physical demands, work environment factors, and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to compare, analyze, communicate, copy, coordinate, instruct, compute, synthesize, evaluate, use interpersonal skills, compile and negotiate.
This description is intended to describe the type and level of work performed by a person assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required to be performed in the position.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
A letter of interest and resume must accompany the electronic application for full consideration. A complete job description and electronic application can be accessed on the district website at www.grps.org. No paper applications/resumes will be accepted. No telephone calls please.