JobID 320 : Family and Consumer Science Teacher (#2032644)
Join Ames Community School District, where your journey matters! Ames Middle School is seeking a Family and Consumer Science Teacher for the 2020-2021 school year.
The mission of the Ames Community School District is to ensure that all learners develop the knowledge, skills, attitudes, values, and personal esteem necessary to grow in and shape a changing society.
Provide students with learning activities and experiences in the service areas of Family and Consumer Sciences. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society and be college and career ready. Plan instructional lessons that meet the needs, interests and abilities of students; create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning; and employ effective instructional techniques.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Valid Iowa teaching license, 5-12 Family and Consumer Sciences
- Demonstrated competency in the subject area(s) assigned
- Use effective problem-solving techniques in dealing with concerns or issues
- Ability to work effectively as member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Collaborative team player with a growth mindset
- Observe all District policies and procedures
- Occasional lifting five (5) to ten (10) pounds
- Frequent standing
- Occasional bending, squatting, or sitting
Candidates, please follow the link to apply online: https://www.applitrack.com/amesk12/OnlineApp/JobPostings/View.asp?AppliTrackJobId=320
All employees of the Ames Community School District must pass a background check. ACSD is an E-Verify employer.
To learn more about the Ames Community School District, visit our websites: