JobID 1510 : High School Math Teacher for the 2020-2021 School Year (#2032173)
Raymond, incorporated in 1764, is a rural town of just under 30 square miles of land area and almost a mile of inland water area. the word Raymond means ?he "lustrous, luminous,or shining world. “ The population of Raymond is approximately 12,000 and is located 20 miles from Manchester, NH, 30 miles from the seacoast, and 70 miles from Boston. Built in 1988, the high school is located on 60 acres of land that was once part of a large farm. Raymond High School is a NEASC and New Hampshire Department of Education accredited four-year public comprehensive high school. The central office is located across from the high school gym. The Raymond School District is comprised of three schools. Lamprey River Elementary School houses grades pre-K-4 with a total enrollment of 513 students during the 2019-2020 school year. Iber Holmes Gove Middle School houses grades 5-8 with a total enrollment of 376 students during the 2019-2020 school year. Raymond High School houses grades 9-12 with a total enrollment of 350 students during the2019-2020 school year. In 2021, the 4th grade will move to Iber Holmes Gove Middle School and Raymond High School will host the district’s preschool program.
HIGH SCHOOL MATH TEACHER FOR THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR
This position is part of the Raymond Education Association. The Master Agreement can be found on our website at www.sau33.com
Exempt: Contract year 186.5 days for new teachers, 185.5 for ongoing teachers days
REPORTS TO: School Principal SUPERVISES: N/A
JOB GOAL: To make knowledge accessible to all students by developing their cognitive capacity and respect for learning. Foster students’ self-esteem, motivation, and sense of civic responsibility.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Provide an educational atmosphere where students have the opportunity to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and psychological growth. This person is responsible for organizing and implementing an instructional program that will result in students achieving academic success in accordance with Raymond School District Policies.
QUALIFICATIONS: The class room teacher will meet all qualifications and behavior standards as set by the State of New Hampshire authority. In accordance with certification requirements and the performance expectations of the Raymond Public Schools, all classroom teachers shall meet the following employment criteria.
- The minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- A valid New Hampshire Teacher’s Certificate (applicable level-area endorsements preferred.)
- A completed credential file that meets Raymond Public School standards.
- Professional verification of successful classroom teacher performance and/or student teaching experience.
- Evidence of the willingness and the ability to comply with the standards for ethical and professional performance established by the State Board of Education.
- Interview/file data will include evidence of sensitivity and respect for others and verification of the demonstrated ability to serve as a positive role model for youth.
- Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Summary of Essential Functions
- Meet regular and predictable attendance requirements.
- Plans for and guides the learning process to help students achieve program objectives.
- Maintains a classroom atmosphere conducive to learning.
- Implements useful diagnostic and progress assessment measures.
- Selects and uses effective instructional methods and learning materials
- Establishes a cooperative relationship with all assigned students
- Maintains open lines of communication with parent/guardians.
- Engages in professional growth activities through an ongoing program of job-related knowledge and skill development
- Works collaboratively with colleagues and administration to achieve the overall purposes of the school program.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Contract Year: 186.5 days for new teachers 185.5 for ongoing teachers days*