JobID 214 : Occupational Therapist (#2031851)
The Occupational Therapist provides comprehensive differential diagnosis, assessment, educational planning, consultation, and direct services with students with disorders including but not limited to self-regulation, sensory processing, fine motor, visual motor integration, adaptive living skills, etc. Occupational therapy services are provided with the emphasis on being able to access the curriculum in the least restrictive environment. Responsibilities include but are not limited to case management, therapy and treatment planning and implementation, writing IEPs, conducting comprehensive assessments, and consultation.
The following reflects some of, but not all of, the qualifications and responsibilities of this position:
- Experience with a range of learner profiles including mild/moderate and intensive special needs
- Experience with a diverse population of students
- Experience with administering and interpreting formal and informal assessments, as well as strong interpretation and report writing skills
- Experience with assistive technologies and adaptive equipment
- Experience with and commitment to inclusion that benefits students academically and social/emotionally
- Ability to work closely, collaboratively and effectively with a team of teachers, service providers, and families
- Highly effective executive function skills including being well organized, strong time management and scheduling skills, and able to work independently to meet time lines
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills that promote and encourage collaboration with colleagues, parents, and administrators
- Strong ability to multi-task and work within a fast paced environment focused on student learning, data collection, and measurable outcomes
- Strong positive, interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with students, staff, administration and families
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- National Board Certification in Occupational Therapy and CT State License for Occupational Therapy