JobID 2272 : 2020-2021 Anticipated Opening - Instrumental Music Teacher (Middle School) (#2031758)
Position Summary: Teaching staff members will instruct students in their charge in accordance with the curriculum and course of study adopted by the Board of Education.
Qualifications: K-12 Music certification required.
Essential Duties: The Music teacher has the duties and responsibilities commonly associated with this position, including (but not limited to) the following, which are performed directly or through the proper delegation of authority, within the framework of the general laws of New Jersey, the regulations of the NJ State Department of Education, the policies and rules of the Nutley School District, and the terms of the contract with the Nutley Education Association, with all of which he/she is expected to be familiar. As well, the position is responsible for duties commonly associated with communication positions, which are performed directly or through the proper delegation of authority.
Position Objective: To ensure that the K-12 Music program is well-developed, aligned with the New Jersey Core Content Standards and district objectives, clearly articulated, and consistently carried out.
- Upholds and enforces school, administrative, board and state rules, regulations and policies.
- Implements the district's philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Assumes responsibility for condition of assigned room and for equipment and materials issued for his/her use.
- Communicates with parents and school personnel as necessary to discuss pupil progress under direction of the building principal.
- Maintains required records, completes reports, and handles other routine assignments in an appropriate and punctual manner.
- Participates in curriculum and other developmental programs as assigned.
- Maintains standards of pupil behavior to provide an orderly, productive school and classroom environment.
- Develops lesson plans and assists in the selection of textbooks and other instructional materials to adapt to the curriculum.
- Maintains professional development through participation in such activities as in-service education, workshops, and self-selected professional growth activities.
- Will be expected to attend school related night activities when necessary and according to school policy.
- Maintains a safe school environment.
- Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve learning, social, and attitude problems.
- Promotes satisfactory pupil progress and growth toward curriculum objectives.
- Groups students for instructional purposes or activities so as to enhance pupil performance and provide for individual needs.
- Performs other duties or responsibilities assigned by the administrator.
Additional Responsibilities: Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as the coordinator, principal or superintendent may assign or delegate.
Evaluation: Performance in this position will be evaluated annually in accordance with the Board's policy on supervision and evaluation.
Computer Skills: Proficient in computer applications pertinent to support the position.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.