JobID 3698 : 2020-2021 SY: Counselor - Internship (#2031716)
Job | Posted 5 days ago
All positions with Santa Fe Public Schools require a post offer/pre-employment background check. Some positions have additional requirements as established by Federal or State Rules and Regulations.
The purpose is to provide a qualified graduate student with an Internship experience in the field of counseling. To provide opportunity for the student to engage in a variety of counseling activities under supervision by a licensed behavioral health professional with appropriate credentials.
(Basic minimum requirements are subject to change from time to time to meet the needs of the District.)
Minimum: Current student in the education field requiring Observation/Internship experience.
Essential Job Functions
All functions are performed in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety and environmental regulations, facility and computer security policies and procedures. Functions are subject to change from time to time to meet the needs of the organization. Current essential functions include the following:
- Seeks a mentoring counselor with the help of the Student Support Program.
- Acts in a professional manner that is consistent with the ACA Code of Ethics and practice counseling in accordance with these standards
- Responsible for being available to the Site Supervisor and the University Internship Supervisor for conferences.
- Complies with the rules, policies, and regulations of the district and site, i.e., staff development, working hours, schedules, etc.
- Cooperates in the implementation of the district counseling program.
- Follows all objectives setup by his or her school's program.
- Cooperates with staff and support personnel in helping students with health, attitude, learning and behavioral problems.
- Other duties as assigned
The noise level is usually moderate. Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. Occasionally required to travel to other facilities within the District.
1. Must fill out an online application at www.sfps.info
2. Contact Sue O'Brien, Director of Student Support Program via email at: email@example.com
Santa Fe Public Schools
610 ALTA VISTA ST., SANTA FE, NM 87501
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $11,258 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 16%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.45
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 228