JobID 597 : Elementary Classroom Teacher (K-3) (#2031539)
Under the general supervision of the School Director, to facilitate student success and growth in academic and interpersonal skills through implementing district approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; addressing specific educational needs of individual students and by creating a flexible, safe and optimal learning environment; and providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc.
· Develops and administers school elementary curriculum consistent with school district goals and objectives.
· Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
· Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and translates lesson plans into learning experiences to develop pertinent sequential assignments, challenge students, and best utilize the available time for instruction.
· Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning and progress, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs.
· Maintains anecdotal notes for students and collaborates with administration regarding issues & concerns.
· Maintains familiarity with district and New Jersey State standardized tests for the purpose of adapting curriculum to maximize student achievement on such tests.
· Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
· Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
· Maintains open communication with parents via Class Dojo, phone calls, emails, and parent teacher conferences.
· Ensures that student conduct conforms to the school's standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
· Coordinates with other professional staff members, especially within grade level, and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
· Selects and requisitions appropriate books, instructional aids and other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory records.
· Provide struggling students with additional after school support within contracted times.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the School Director, Assistant Director of Academics, Assistant Director of Operations, and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copy and fax machines, Smartboard and accessories, ipads, and telephone.
Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiates instruction based upon student learning styles.
· Knowledge of elementary school curriculum and concepts.
· Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
· Knowledge of Smartboard functions and tools.
· Knowledge of effective classroom management plans and procedures.
· Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
· Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
· Ability to organize and coordinate work.
· Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
· Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
· Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
Works in standard office and school building environments.
Note: Also see the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Job Duties for this position.
· New Jersey State Certification, Elementary School Teacher Grades K-6 or Pre-K-3
· Bachelors from an accredited college or university in Elementary Education.
· Masters Degree in related area preferred.
Successful prior teaching experience for the appropriate grade levels a plus.