JobID 4076 : Diagnostic Evaluation Specialist Pool (193 Days) 2020-2021 (#2031218)
Diagnostic Evaluation Specialist (193 Days) Pool 2020-2021
Pay Grade: 604
Salary Range: $59,915 - $73,166
Duty Days: 193
Provide educational assessment services for students referred to special education programs; assist in coordination of special education program, coordinate and facilitate Admission, Review, and Dismissal Committee meetings. Maintain compliance of all federal statues regarding IDEA.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in the coordination of special education services in assigned schools.
- Provide individualized student assessment to determine eligibility for special education services.
- Interpret assessment information to school personnel, parents, and community agencies.
- Utilize assessment data to prepare comprehensive assessment reports.
- Maintain and review current data in student eligibility folders.
- Transfer student eligibility folders to appropriate locations.
- Utilize the Special Education Electronic Management System to facilitate ARDS, retrieve information, and manage all information for students with disabilities.
- Maintain compliance with IDEA rules, regulations, and timelines.
- Train special education staff in assigned schools in preparing required paperwork.
- Assist staff in preparing official reports required by local, state, and federal agencies.
- Coordinate compliance directives with campus administration.
- Act as consultant to assist with interventions for students being considered for special education.
- Coordinate with Area Directors regarding compliance and programmatic issues on campuses.
- Access information through the Special Education Electronic Management system.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree and Valid Texas Educational Diagnostician certification.
- Three years of teaching experience.
- Thorough knowledge of federal and state guidelines.
- Certification in one area of special education preferred
Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions
Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Fifty percent indoors in controlled environment, 50% outdoors, exposed to elements of weather. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands for fine manipulation, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms using a keyboard and video display terminal. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and climb stairs. The employee must maintain emotional control under stress, and occasionally work prolonged and/or irregular hours.
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities