JobID 1691 : Custodian (#2030884)
Job | Posted 17 days ago
BCCS is looking for positive, energetic applicants with a deep belief that every student can learn, and having the commitment and passion to provide these learning opportunities.
OUR ANTHEM: We're not a community on the fringe, we're a community moving toward a center. Moving in unison with a shift in cultural expectations. Our voice and achievement will not be disqualified, we're moving toward a change in history and hearts.
Standing FRONT AND CENTER so we are seen and heard.
OUR MISSION: To equip every student with the knowledge, life skills, and global perspectives to contribute to society and respond to the needs of an ever-changing world.
We believe that:
- Relationships thrive when there is mutual respect and trust.
- Honoring each person's intrinsic value enhances our community.
- Our diverse community strengthens our collective power.
- Caring relationships with high expectations are essential to reaching one's higher potential.
- Life-long learning is vital for personal fulfillment, opportunity and success.
- Everyone is responsible and accountable for equity.
- Partnerships among students, families, schools and community benefit all.
Please select this link to learn more about Brooklyn Center Community Schools: https://www.bccs286.org/
Please select this link to apply online: https://www.applitrack.com/brooklyncenterschools/onlineapp/
Pay and Benefits: Beginning rate of pay $16.83, with opportunity for more with related experience.
Benefits based on the contract
Duty Days: Full Year 12 months
School Year Hours: 3:30 p.m. to Midnight at Multi-Site responsibilities
Summer Time Hours: 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. OR 8:00 a.m - 4:30 p.m.
- Sweeps, mops, and dusts offices, classrooms and common areas of buildings.
- Washes windows, walls, woodwork, bathroom fixtures; cleans window blinds.
- Vacuums and cleans carpets; removes stains.
- Follows all safety protocols.
- Changes light bulbs.
- Cleans and supplies restrooms; strips and seals floors.
- Operates light automotive and mechanical equipment.
- Sets up for and breaks down after meetings.
- Helps set up building and rooms for activities and special events.
- Maintains exterior building and grounds: gathers and disposes of refuse, litter and trash; mows grass, removes snow.
- Performs routine security tours of the building and grounds to which assigned and reports unusual observations to superior.
- Performs minor plumbing repairs.
- Other duties as assigned.
BROOKLYN CENTER COMMUNITY SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Brooklyn Center Community Schools is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable Equal Opportunity laws, directives and regulations of Federal, State and Local governing bodies or agencies. Brooklyn Center Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, gender identity and expression, disability, age, or status.
Brooklyn Center School District
6300 SHINGLE CREEK PARKWAY, SUITE 286, BROOKLYN CENTER, MN 55430-2124
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,408 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 8%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.44
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 200