JobID 382 : Exceptional Children's Teacher - Part Time (#2030365)
Job Title: Exceptional Children’s Teacher - Part Time
Under general supervision, provides special education services to students identified as having a disability in accordance with district, state and federal regulations. Work involves developing and implementing the Individualized Education Program (IEP) in classroom settings that corresponds with the student’s age and developmental level. The EC Teacher is responsible for developing lesson plans, adapting and modifying materials, designing activities to assist students with disabilities in the development of appropriate academic, functional, behavioral, and social skills to meet their IEP goals and objectives. The EC Teacher is responsible for monitoring student progress and maintaining compliance. Reports to the principal.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops and implements an instructional plan which corresponds with the school and district-wide curricular goals and the student’s IEPs.
- Is responsible for the development of effective IEPs for a student with disabilities; implements the IEP; and utilizes formal and informal diagnostic assessment information obtained to determine student needs and services, as appropriate.
- Provides direct, specially designed services while employing a variety of teaching methods; collects and maintains documented evidence of student progress, such as data collection, formal and informal assessment of skills, student work, etc.
- Monitors student behavior; maintains discipline in the classroom; deescalates inappropriate behaviors; and teaches students appropriate behavior strategies.
- Assists the student with their personal and self-help needs, such as eating, toileting and other essential tasks that the student is not able to perform.
- Collaborates and coordinates services with the General Education Teacher of the student while providing technical assistance.
- Communicates with parents regarding their child’s educational progress through oral and written progress reports.
- Acts as a case manager for all assigned students.
- Consults with community services, school support professionals, and parents to better meet the student’s needs.
- Maintains accurate and timely student records in accordance with the
- Treats all students in a fair and equitable manner.
- Interacts effectively with students, co-workers, parents and the community.
- Follows a plan for professional growth and learning and demonstrates evidence of growth.
- Performs other related work, as required.
North Carolina licensure in the area of Special Education is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as necessitated by the work assignments.
- Ability to interact and deal with the public in a professional manner.
- Ability to motivate students.
- Ability to constantly monitor the safety and well being of students, particularly when the student is participating in an inclusive activity.
- Ability to use computers and a variety of computer operations.