JobID 216 : MS Social Studies Teacher, 1.0 FTE (#2029827)
|JOB TITLE: Middle School (7th/8th) Social Studies Teacher|
|SUPERVISOR: DIRECTOR /PRINCIPAL|
|JOB SUMMARY: Provide classroom instruction in social studies in grades 7-8.|
Provide instruction in geography, American history, world cultures, and related topics. Make
appropriate use of instructional resources and technologies.
Implement the goals and objectives of the school and specifically the middle level program.
Follow school curriculum outlines/guidelines and/or state standards for curriculum area.
Evaluate student performance according to system used by school.
Promote student achievement; maintain required student records; make related reports to the principal as prescribed.
Maintain contact and communications with parents of students and work with them in the development of each student.
Perform classroom management duties; enforce school rules governing the conduct of students; take appropriate disciplinary action with students who do not follow rules.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
A valid Minnesota teaching license in Social Studies for grades 5-8, 5-12.
- Extensive knowledge of the core curriculum.
- Knowledge of educational philosophy, teaching methods and approaches, current researched best practices and strategies.
- Considerable knowledge of urban students’ learning styles and needs, both academic and affective.
- Applicable knowledge of multicultural, gender and disability fair curriculum concepts.
- Working knowledge of instructional technologies.
- Experience in classroom management and organization.
- Working knowledge of various classroom presentation techniques.
- Skill in maintaining records and developing reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to plan and implement lessons based upon school goals and objectives.
- Ability to adapt teaching styles to diverse student populations.
- Ability to interact effectively with students, parents, school staff, administration and community members of diverse ethnic/racial and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Ability to evaluate student performance and present evaluations in a manner that fosters higher student achievement.
- Ability to utilize computer and multimedia technology as appropriate.
- Ability to work in a cooperative learning/teaching environment.
- 3 or more years of classroom teaching experience