JobID 599 : Transportation Dispatcher (#2029777)
Job | Posted 2 months ago
Primary Purpose:Coordinates the daily operations (driver, routing, and vehicle activities) necessary to assure safe, on-time service and customer satisfaction. Monitor and respond to two-way radio communications. Maintains the highest level of ethical behavior with our customers, fellow employees and the communities we serve.
Valid Texas commercial driver’s license (Class B) W/ P and S endorsement
High school diploma or GED
Must be 21 years of age
Knowledge of the district’s services, capabilities, policies, procedures and practices for use in resolving scheduling issues in accordance with district goals and objectives
Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Knowledge of surrounding area, routing
Well-developed multi-tasking and time management skills to balance conflicting demands related to customer care and routing
Ability to pass U.S. Department of Transportation alcohol and drug tests and annual physical exam
Ability to use maps and GPS to follow routes and locate addresses
Ability to maintain confidentiality
One-year experience as a bus driver
Previous experience as a transportation dispatcher preferred
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assembles and maintains a master list of all routes and trips.
- Monitor and respond to two-way radio communications.
- Assigns substitute drivers to routes when a driver is absent.
- Maintains a current file or set of files on each route; files include all information needed to describe the route and its component parts (contract, program, school, map, assigned vehicle, list of passengers with addresses and telephone numbers, assigned buses, assigned drivers).
- Provides assistance to drivers and exercises discretionary judgment as necessary to ensure that routes and trips are performed safely and on-time.
- Coordinates emergency response network when a driver requests assistance or encounters a problem on a route (e.g. tow truck, emergency services, additional equipment).
- Assist drivers with routing directions and communicates special service requirements.
- Maintains filing systems and paperwork in a neat and orderly manner.
- Submits required reports and paperwork to Transportation Director in a timely manner.
- Encourages compliance with company policies and processes. Discusses any breach of policy and procedure noted with Transportation Director.
- Assigns activities and special trips to drivers pursuant to established policies and procedures.
- Notifies the District of all changes in route assignments, emergency situations, accidents, breakdowns or any other event that will disrupt service.
- Coordinates vehicle service schedules with mechanic to assure uninterrupted service on assigned contracts.
- Maintains current list of all available drivers and extra vehicles.
- Serve as an additional bus driver when assigned by the Transportation Director.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Participate in staff development and special events as needed.
- Punctuality in all areas.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Serve as a positive role model for students.
- All other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Equipment Used:Personal computer, printer, copier, fax machine, Xerox copier, multi-line phone system, and calculator
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Repetitive hand motions, prolonged use of computer, frequent interruptions, multitasking, confidentiality, work in stressful conditions
Everman Independent School District
608 TOWNLEY DR, EVERMAN, TX 76140-5206
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558