JobID 280 : Elementary Music Teacher (#2029398)
Prospect Ridge Academy
Creating Academic, Social, and Ethical Leaders
THIS IS A PART-TIME POSITION FOR THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR. (0.4-0.6 FTE depending on need)
Elementary Music Teacher Job Description
All employees at Prospect Ridge Academy work together to create academic, social, and ethical leaders. Every employee at Prospect Ridge Academy is expected to deliver exceptional customer service skills to our students, parents, and PRA community. Prospect Ridge Academy is a dynamic school, subject to changing work environments, adaptation of new educational principles and values, and evolving culture. Adaptability to change is essential. This job description is an overview of duties and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed.
The Elementary Music Teacher is responsible for planning, implementing, and delivering instruction to a variety of ability levels. The teacher will demonstrate supplementary content knowledge and assist students in accurately listening, writing, speaking, and reading at the various student levels. The School Teacher will accomplish these duties while working with students, parents, other teachers and staff toward achieving the goals set forth in the Prospect Ridge Academy Mission Statements.
A Music Teacher at PRA will
- Be responsible for conducting an organized and professional classroom:
- Plan and implement the approved curriculum for specific content area
- Demonstrate exceptional instructional delivery
- Model and foster independent thinking skills, creative problem solving and abstract reasoning
- Show empathy and understanding of students
- Communicate consistently and effectively with students, parents and colleagues
- Develops a cooperative partnership based on mutual respect and objectivity with parents and students
- Assesses student performance frequently and objectively
- Facilitate resolution of problems that might arise with students and parents
- Promote accountability for students
- Execute effective classroom management through clear expectations and positive relationships
- Instructional and technological competency
- Knowledge of and adherence to approved communication pathways
- Actively pursues professional development opportunities in specific content area
- Participate in and contributes to programs and activities that enhance Prospect Ridge Academy outside of instructional hours
- Follow policies established by the Prospect Ridge Academy Board of Directors, Adams 12 School District, and Colorado State mandated school guidelines, except where PRA has received waivers
- Complete other duties as assigned
- B.A. or B.S. required in the specific content area (e.g. B.A. in History when applying for Social Studies position)
- Must meet the requirements of a Highly Qualified teacher as mandated by the No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB)
- Current Colorado Teaching License
- Demonstrated experience in the instruction of students with varied learning styles and levels of mastery
- Commitment to Core Knowledge curriculum
- Commitment to implementation of Character Education and Positive Behavior System
- The ability to physically demonstrate the skills necessary for the sport being coached.
- The employee is regularly required to talk, walk, stand and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, walk, grasp, and perform light lifting.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read, write and interpret various documents such as rules, policy and expectation, agreements, rubrics, scope and sequence documents, and assessment documents.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of staff, students, Board of Directors, Administrators and parents.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions given in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in a variety of situations
- Ability to work collaboratively with various groups.
- Ability to apply an entrepreneurial outlook and a charter school commitment.
- Strong organizational and the ability to coordinate different tasks.
- Strong interpersonal, and customer service skills while working with a diverse population
- Ability to work with limited supervision and to be self motivated.
- Ability and skill to use sound judgment as determined by the specific situation.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills
This position reports to the School Principal(s).
Work is occasionally regularly performed inside and outside with occasional exposure to extreme temperatures. Work is performed in all weather conditions and includes exposure to moderate and sometimes loud noise. This is a highly public position that includes contact with students, staff, Administrators, Prospect Ridge Academy Board of Directors and parents. Occasionally work may consist of ten (10) plus hour days with weekend work as needed.