JobID 5533 : OPEN RECRUITMENT: ASD Student Nutrition Intern (#2028597)
Bargaining Unit: Temporary
Work Year: Temporary position
Work Day: Hours vary
FTE: Temporary position
Wage: $10.50 per hour
The Substitute Student Nutrition Assistant in assists preparing and serving meals and supports all aspects daily kitchen duties.
The following are required:
- Must be a current ASD Student.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced work environment within limited timelines.
- Must be proficient in basic math such as addition, subtraction, and multiplication.
- Ability to prepare simple reports and record data as needed.
- Ability to learn sanitation and food service practices and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with a broad diversity of students, staff, other Anchorage School District personnel, and the public.
- Must attend the Student Nutrition four-hour food safety class and pass the examination within in 30 days of hire.
The following are preferred:
- A current Anchorage Municipality Food Worker’s Card.
- Experience using a touch screen point of sale system and knowledge of cashiering practices and procedures.
- Previous food service experience.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists in food preparation.
- Assists with cooking, heating, and filling of meal orders for cashiers.
- Sorts and stores food deliveries and reports supply shortages.
- Assists in basic inventory needs and record keeping assignments.
- Operates point of sale system, makes change, and counts daily receivables.
- Wipes counters, cleans and sanitizes equipment, refrigerators, and freezers, sweeps and mops floors, washes daily laundry, and performs other routine cleaning/sanitation tasks.
- Transfers trays, baskets, containers, utensils, and food items from one location to another as necessary.
The physical demands of this job require frequent standing, walking, sitting, speaking, and hearing. Specific visual abilities are also required. The employee is regularly required to reach with his/her hands and arms and occasionally lift items weighing less than 40 lbs. Additionally, the employee must be able to communicate by oral and written means in an appropriate business manner and have cognitive skills to understand instructions, readily recall facts and details, handle conflict, and make effective decisions under pressure. The employee must have the ability to effectively manage the stress of working with students, parents, and other employees representing diverse cultures, personalities, and work styles in a dynamic work environment.
The Anchorage School District is committed to providing reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all individuals with qualified physical or mental disabilities.
Work is performed in a professional environment with a wide variety of individuals having differing functions, personalities and abilities, including working with diverse groups of people in a variety of different settings.
While performing the duties of this job the employee may be regularly exposed to a video display. The employee may be exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Additional Job Information
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Anchorage School District employees must possess the ability to read and write in English. This includes the ability to communicate in English with school staff, coworkers, and the public. Employees must also have the ability to comprehend and carry out oral and written directions and understand and follow English instructions and written documents.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a satisfactory criminal background check.
This position may be required to work in ASD facilities on the military installations (JBER). Please visit www.dhs.gov/real-id-enforcement-brief for additional information.
The Anchorage School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.