JobID 3580 : High School Principal - Salina South High School (#2028534)
Job | Posted a month ago
High School Principal
Qualifications: Valid Kansas Teaching License with K-12 administrative endorsement and building leadership experience.
Contact: Eryn Wright, JD, MSW Executive Director of Human Resources
Requirements for Applying:
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Kansas Teaching License with K-12 administrative endorsement
The Salina Public School District is seeking a proven administrator for Salina South High School. The administrator will provide effective instructional leadership. The administrator will collaborate with the school staff to develop a dynamic educational program, a clear and shared focus for student success, high standards and expectations for all students, a safe learning environment, and an effective and supportive family and community involvements program. It will be the responsibility of the principal to administer a school program that ensures that all students will acquire the knowledge, skills, values, and attitudes to lead self-sufficient, well-adjusted, healthy, productive, and socially responsible lives to the best of their individual potential.
1. Directs, supervises, facilitates, and evaluates the instructional, guidance, and other programs of the building; is responsible for educational leadership and student achievement; leads staff in continuous improvement of instruction and program delivery; monitors student performance within the building.
2. Supervises and evaluates work of personnel assigned to the building; develops appropriate recommendations for staff which may involve staff development, placement, dismissal, or reassignment of personnel in conjunction with the appropriate district human resources guidelines.
3. Coordinates human relations within the school and between the school and its stakeholders (i.e., students, families, parent groups, community agencies, business community, etc.); ensures and promotes student welfare; exercises good judgment in dealings with students, staff, parents, and public.
4. Leads the development of program improvement plans at the building level in collaboration with teachers and district staff; coordinates the involvement of curriculum and instruction and staff development in improving instruction and programs; coordinates building involvement in the district's curriculum and program review and implementation cycle.
5. Directs student placement for optimum student achievement.
6. Supervises student discipline and the management of students in the lunchroom, in hallways, on school grounds, and in any program held at the school under district sanction; works cooperatively with district administrators in emergency situations.
7. Supervises the security and care of assigned equipment, buildings, grounds, and other school property.
8. Coordinates activities of the assigned school with activities of other schools in the district; attends a variety of activities at and for assigned school.
9. Prepares reports and maintains current records as required; analyzes and utilizes the data to lead program improvement within the building.
10. Supervises school safety program; coordinates periodic drills for fire, and tornado to ensure compliance with district, state and federal regulations.
11. Participates at staff meetings and in-service training programs sponsored by district administration; maintains and updates knowledge and skills necessary for success in the position by participating in professional development activities as needed or as assigned.
12. Maintains a high standard of ethics in all professional relationships, actions, and decisions.
13. Promotes effective curriculum and program communication to flow between the building and the rest of the district.
14. Other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
Administration Salary Schedule Range: $105,917-$126,580 commensurate with education and experience, with a doctoral stipend of $1500.
Salina Unified School District 305
1511 Gypsum, Salina, KS 67402-0797
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $12,231 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 11%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 12.39
% IEP Students
State Average: 14%
State Average: 231