JobID 416 : Teaching Assistant I (#2028494)
Lincoln County School District is accepting on-line applications for a TEMPORARY Teaching Assistant I at Toledo Elementary (position available through the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year).
The primary purpose of this position is to perform instructional tasks and record keeping in a school setting to assist teaching staff.
Essential job duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assists students, individually or in groups, with lesson assignments to present or reinforce learning concepts.
- Presents subject matter to students, utilizing variety of methods and techniques such as lecture, discussion, and one-on-one reading as directed by the teacher.
- Confers with teaching staff on progress of student(s).
- Assesses student's ability and progress as directed by teacher.
- Assists staff with record keeping, copying, filing and grading papers.
- Monitors and assists students as needed.
Qualified applicants will be asked for an interview and must provide a resume and at least 2 letters of recommendation. Upon selection, employees will be required to pay for the following: $12.50 fingerprinting fee and $59 ODE processing fee.
This is a 6.5 hour per school day position (8 am - 3 pm). This is a temporary position through the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year
Starting Salary: $11.56-$13.40 per hour
Must meet NCLB requirement at time of hire.
Excellent benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance. Employer paid PERS
Closing Date: All classified positions are posted for 5 business days, but may be extended if not filled within the 5 day period.