JobID 1112 : Food Service Worker (#2027975)
Works well with students, staff, and parents. Must complete a criminal background check.
Food Service Coordinator
Order, rack and heat, and serve meals in district cafeterias with a positive attitude and a cheerful smile. One to two years of computer experience is necessary.
1. Order food from the distributor.
2. Check daily deliveries for accuracy and call the distributors’ Customer Service Department to report errors.
3. Prepare and serve lunches to students and some staff.
4. Keep track of and report how many lunches are sold by category (Free, reduced, full-price and staff). Make sure to accurately record on daily and monthly sheets.
5. Turn in reports at the end of each month to the Food Service Coordinator within three days. Delivery receipts from distributors like milk and bread companies are turned in at the end of each week.
6. Keep the kitchen area clean at all times. No storage of food on the floors or under sinks. Inform Food Service Coordinator for any supplies needed. Clean ovens, racks, milk coolers and refrigerators daily and/or weekly.
7. Abide by all health department and Standard of Operations rules. Take any required testing for ongoing trainings in a timely manner.
8. Maintain a cheerful attitude. You set the example as an adult for these students. Students relate to positive attitudes quicker than negative attitudes.
9. Demonstrate computer knowledge and skills required to perform food service duties.
10. Perform other duties as assigned by the Food Service Coordinator.
Terms of Employment:
1.174 days contract with a daily schedule to be established by the Food Service Coordinator, together with the District Business Manager.
2. Employed annually by the Board of Education upon recommendation of the Food Service Coordinator.
3. Comply with all District # 3 policies and procedures.
For training purposes, you may be rotated to other kitchens as the need arises.