JobID 12370 : Freedom Schools Servant Leader Intern (multiple)- John Glenn at Maplewood Middle School (#2026721)
Posting Date: 02/10/2020
Closing Date: When Filled
Job Title: Freedom Schools Servant Leader Intern John Glenn Middle School
Location: ISD 622 Maplewood Middle School
Reports to: Freedom Schools Site Coordinator, Principal of John Glenn Middle, and Office of Educational Equity
Hourly Wage: Non Licensed: $18.00 per hour; Licensed $28.00 per hour
Work Year: May-July 2020
Schedule: Part-Time May-June 2020; Full-Time June 22-July 31, 2020
Purpose: The Servant Leader Intern serves as a mentor providing direct reading instruction, service and advocacy on behalf of children and families.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Supervise and maintain safety of students at all times.
- Set up, manage, and break down classroom space according to standards developed by Children's Defense Fund.
- Engage a maximum of 10 middle school students per class in the Integrated Reading Curriculum as outlined in the guide provided by CDF.
- Implement the CDF Freedom Schools Integrated Reading Curriculum with fidelity.
- Attend all required meetings and trainings.
- Serve as Harambee leaders, afternoon activities facilitators, and field trip chaperones.
- Collaborate with the Project Director and Site Coordinator to establish and maintain a supportive and structured environment for the students entrusted in their care.
- Report any issues or concerns regarding students in the program to the Site Coordinator.
- Maintain the safety of all students at the site.
- Strong appreciation and understanding of individual cultural history and the willingness to be open and respectful of other cultures.
- Must attend CDF Freedom Schools training in Knoxville, TN from May 29, 2020 to June 7, 2020.
- Attend additional trainings, check-ins, and classroom preparation time during May-June 2020.
- Full participation in Freedom Schools at Maplewood Middle School June 22, 2020 to July 31, 2020.
- Possess strong leadership skills.
- Exhibit positive behavior and attitude; model a mature and professional demeanor.
- Possess excellent reading, writing and verbal skills.
- Ability to motivate children and work as part of an intergenerational team.
- Servant Leader Intern experience at a CDF Freedom Schools site is preferred.
- Recent college graduate, one year of college completed, or plans to complete a college degree.
- Ability to motivate others and work as part of an intergenerational team
- Strong appreciation and understanding of individual cultural history and the willingness to be open and respectful of all cultures
- Exhibit positive attitude; model a mature and professional demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal skills
Apply online at www.isd622.org. Click on Human Resources and Employment Opportunities.