JobID 253 : Psychologist (#2026365)
Title: School Psychologist
Reports To: Special Education Director
Location: Central Office
Contract Days: 190
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pay Scale: Teacher
Education: Specialist Degree or Ph.D. in School Psychology; Georgia Certification in School Psychology P-12.
Experience: Three years experience in School Psychology preferred.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities: Written and oral communication skills; student assessment and leadership skills; ability to deal with multiple tasks; organizational and interpersonal skills; knowledge of Special Education Due Process procedures and legal requirements; test data interpretation and analysis.
Primary Function: To respond appropriately to referrals for psychological assessments and to communicate assessment results and recommendations to school personnel in order to best meet the individual needs of each assessed student.
- Follows professional practices consistent with school and system policies in working with students, student’s records, parents, and colleagues.
- Interacts in a professional manner with students and parents.
- Is available to students and parents for conferences according to system policies.
- Facilitates home-school communication by such means as holding conferences, telephoning, and sending written communications.
- Maintains confidentiality of students and students’ records.
- Works cooperatively with school administrators, special support personnel, colleagues, and parents.
- Complies with school, system, and state administrative regulations and board of education policies.
- Performs assigned duties in a timely manner in accordance with local priorities.
- Is punctual.
- Notifies supervisor of potential constraints in meeting timelines.
- Adheres to school or system policy regarding school psychologist’s absences.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and appropriate records as required by system policy.
- Attends and participates in assigned meetings and other activities according to system policy.
- Complies with conditions as stated in contract.
- Participates in Professional Development Activities.
- Engages in Professional Development Activities.
- Applies newly acquired professional knowledge as it relates to assessment, intervention, and interpretation.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Special Education Director or Superintendent.
- In Praise of Learning