JobID 249 : Bilingual (Spanish) Special Education Teacher (2 Positions) (#2026350)
HOOVER-SCHRUM MEMORIAL SCHOOL DISTRICT 157
JOB DESCRIPTION: BILINGUAL (SPANISH) SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The bilingual special education teacher’s primary goal is to provide instruction in Spanish to children with disabilities according to the child’s Individual Education Program (IEP).
- Developing objectives and timelines that are appropriate to the student’s needs as indicated in their IEP
- Planning and implementing engaging instruction that is aligned with the curriculum, but modified to meet the needs and abilities of each student
- Monitors student progress and communicates regularly with parents, staff, and administrators
- Collaborates with other classroom teachers and related service providers in the development and implementation of best practices, thus ensuring that the student’s needs are met in all school settings
- Current and valid Illinois Professional Educator License with special education (LBSI) and bilingual endorsements;
- Candidates who have passed the state TLP Spanish test and have obtained an ELS (TBE) license will also be considered;
- Individual must be flexible, creative and child centered;
- Ability to assess the learning of students and modify or enhance instruction as needed;
- Ability to analyze various forms of data and use the information to make instructional decisions;
- Knowledge of learning styles and skill in using standards-based varied teaching methods to address student learning styles;
- Strong knowledge of the WIDA and Common Core State Standards, and instructional best practices in language, literacy, and mathematics;
- Candidate must be able to speak, read, and write Spanish fluently.