JobID 250 : Paraprofessional PE (#2026339)
Reports To: Assigned Teacher/Principal
Contract Days: 180
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Pay Scale: Support Staff 1 (CLGR 1, 2, 3) (Before 7-1-2014) Support Staff 2 (S2) (After 7-1-2014)
Education: As required by the State Department of Education for Licensing; High School Diploma or GED; must be highly qualified according to the No Child Left Behind Act. This includes one of the following: Associates Degree; or 2 years of college (60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours); or a passing score on the state’s required Paraprofessional assessment test.
Experience: Experience working with children.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities: Written and oral communication skills; ability to operate office machinery and deal with multiple tasks; computer competence; typing and proof reading skills; pleasant personality; cooperative attitude.
Primary Function: To assist in the implementation of instructional goals developed by the teacher.
- Assists the teacher in organizing the learning environment.
- Works with the teacher in implementing an individual program of instruction.
- Helps collect, organize, and file materials for units of work.
- Assists in the preparation of instructional materials.
- Works with individual small groups within the classroom setting in areas of discussion, listening activities, sharing of stories and games.
- Assists the teacher in maintaining confidentiality of students.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the teacher and/or principal.
Lunchroom duty, Car/Bus duty, Recess duty, etc.
- Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the HCSS Board of Control’s policy on Personnel Evaluations.